Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

December 27 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 12-28-2011, 01:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

hello SR friends - I'm recovering from a cold/sinus/fever thing and will now be getting caught up.

December 27 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

Let’s think about group problems, those disagreements that sometimes happen because we do not quite understand each other. It is not surprising that we who have come to Al-Anon so confused and unhappy, with our thinking warped by family difficulties, should find ourselves at odds over some point of procedure or a personal misunderstanding. We all have different backgrounds, goals, motives, standards and hopes, and these can come into conflict when we find it difficult to communicate with each other.

For group problems, as well as for our individual ones, we use that helpful phrase in the Twelfth Tardition which ends, “”…ever reminding us to place principles above personalities.”

TODAY’S REMINDER

Whenever I am tempted to impatience or anger because someone in my group does not agree with me, I will remind myself to place principles above personalities. Everything that happens to me as a person, everything that involves my relations with my group, can be ironed out by applying Al-Anon principles. This lifts all discussion far above the level of personalities and brings about harmonious solutions.

“Our common welfare should come first; personal progress for the greatest number depends on unity.” (Tradition One)
Old 12-28-2011, 01:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

I love love love Tradition one -

Use it not only in my home group - but also in my HOME!

It's a wonderful thing called BALANCE!

Our common welfare! what is healthy for my home? for Mr. PINK and our granddaughter that lives with us? what can we be unified on and decide on what is best for US as a group?

I am responsible for myself but I also have a responsibility to my home group and my HOME family too. To do my part and to ALLOW them to do theirs too!

To not cheat them of the self-respect and dignity of contributing to our home

Sure the towels may be folded a different way then I would fold them - but the little 7 yr old granddaughter is proud that she helped contribute to the house by doing her part - and really is it that important HOW the towels are folded - I can just be glad she is helping and we are working as a team!

That is for the greatest good of our home!

just my e, s, & h,
PINK HUGS,
Rita