Notices

Sober But Kinda Sad

Old 12-27-2011, 09:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober But Kinda Sad

Made it past xmas and 7 months but sometimes one night, like tonight, is tough. I get online to save myself, thanks SR, I need you.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry you're feeling sad Fitz - I think it can get that way for a lot of us once Christmas is over, whether it was a good one or not.

You're among friends here
good to see you back
D
Old 12-27-2011, 09:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hello. being sad is tough, & sometimes it hits real hard. i hope you find the comfort you need
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey, at least you didn't drink or use drugs. (I presume.)

Normally, I stub my toe and I pick up a drink. (Or something equally intoxicating.)

It's normal to feel sad at times.

I feel sad sometimes, but not all the time.

It'll pass, just give it some time.
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad to see you here This too shall pass
Old 12-27-2011, 09:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, must have figured you'd be here to answer. I think for me sobriety is about feeling not alone. Booze wasn't a good friend (but always there) :-)
Old 12-27-2011, 09:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're sad, but glad you're here. I've come to SR with all kinds of feelings, and though it's not a cure for what ails me, it really does help.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-27-2011, 09:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

you just caught me clocking off Fitz...

I always felt alone, all through my life - & I *hated* it.

I wasn't looking for a solution, but recovery gave me a chance to know myself and be comfortable with who I am - I learned to like my own company...

I think everyone has alone down moments - it's part of the human experience, maybe?...but I very very rarely feel lonely these days

I wish the same for you Fitz - give that pup of yours a pat for me

D
Old 12-27-2011, 09:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Okay, like I pittied potted 10 minutes ago and got all this support and friendship. Thanks, off the pot and ready to give it all back. I will not quit, I will care.

What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow: Our life is the creation of our mind.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((Fitz))) - LOVE it! It's amazing how the people here can really ruin a pity-party, huh? Doesn't mean we don't still have them, but they certainly seem a lot shorter

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-27-2011, 10:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

It's healthy, I think, to recognize things like loneliness setting in. I know I drank plenty when I was feeling lonely. Early on, I used to keep the tv on almost all the time....it gave me something to half-focus on while I was doing whatever around the house.

Later on, I found a TON of peace and solace in listening to AA open talks. As an added bonus, I also learned a lot about how I could improve my recovery by better applying the principles I was trying to work. AA might not be your chosen recovery program but there are a lot of open talks available online (AA Speaker Tapes : Listen To Alcoholics Anonymous Speakers for example) that you too may find helpful when you're feeling depressed.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I feel you...now we are sober we actually experience life. Thats what I remind myself when **** gets tough and my disease starts talking ~ there is nothing a drink can not make worse. I used to think I was fighting my problems by abusing drugs/alcohol, but now it is evident to me that I was further entrenching myself in misery, creating obstacles out of natural landscape. Anyway, the point is ~ I cherish life now, even the pain. I want to feel everything. Because life/**** happens whether I am drinking or not. All my pain was here when I was wasted, but it had no hope of being processed. Good for you for not giving in to your darkness. Thank god for this forum, & for recovery!