Notices

vacation stress and cravings

Old 12-27-2011, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

vacation stress and cravings

I'm with my parents and sister visiting my grandparents and i'm so stressed and mad I could spit nails. I came back to Alabama with my husband to visit family and agreed to travel 10 hours to Florida to visit my grandparents. The trip down wasn't too bad but today has been pretty awful so far. After getting ready (takes me about an hour including shower) I had to wait 2 hours for my sister to put her pancake makeup. So it was then 2:30. We're going to dinner around 5. THEN my mom decided that we should all change for dinner since it was so late. My sister then decided she needed to go to Walmart for hose. Seriously??? REALLY? What the flying f*ck? 45 minutes later (the store is 5 minutes away) she gets back. Thank goodness my mom told her to just pack her clothes and change at Nana's. We're finally on the way but I told my mom that I would wait in the lobby because I was not going to be a plesant for a while. I'm better now (on the way) but the anger and stress triggered me like crazy. There are 2 restaurants right by the hotel and the idea of walking ov er to the bar crossed my mind several times. I didn't and I won't. My husband stayed in Alabama so I've been texting and calling him to vent. Thank goodness he's ok with that.

Thank goodness for SR. I just needed a place to vent. To top it off, my Nana's pretty sad that no one's been by for her birthday. I only get to see her once, maybe twice a year and this has not been a fulfilling visit so far. This is so par for the course for my family. Perpetually late. That's them. *sigh*
Old 12-27-2011, 01:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Sending you a commiserating hug...

****{DisplacedGRITS}}}
Old 12-27-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Grits, I feel for you. Right now my son is drivining me nuts. I'm in one of those moods today that just the feel of my own skin is making me mental. All I can do is say this too shall pass. At least we both did something positive and vented here. Hang in there.
God bless.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Families can be tough. Vent away DG

D