Notices

Dealing with life's problems

Old 12-27-2011, 04:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Dealing with life's problems

I know a lot of the regulars here in the newcomers section may not be aware of the many cook posts that show up in the 12-Step area of the board.

One of the regular posts is a reprint of the day's readings from several popular books that have suggestions for the day - guidance/motivational type readings.

Given how often questions of "issues" pops up here in the newcomers threads, I thought you may enjoy the reading that came out of Daily Reflections for today. I highly recommend getting the book and reading it each morning. You'll be surprised how often it will speak directly to something that's going on in your life at the moment.....and how well some of it's suggestions work. (the underlining is mine....)
------------------------------

*~*~*~*~*^Daily Reflections^*~*~*~*~*

PROBLEM SOLVING

"Quite as important was the discovery that spiritual principles would solve all my problems. "

ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 42

Through the recovery process described in the Big Book, I have come to realize that the same instructions that work on my alcoholism, work on much more. Whenever I am angry or frustrated, I consider the matter a manifestation of the main problem within me, alcoholism. As I "walk" through the Steps, my difficulty is usually dealt with long before I reach the Twelfth "suggestion," and those difficulties that persist are remedied when I make an effort to carry the message to someone else. These principles do solve my problems! I have not encountered an exception, and I have been brought to a way of living which is satisfying and useful.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I read that everyday...Then it's read in my homegroup meeting...Great way to start a day...As well as the 24 hour book....Thanks.