Notices

Trying Again

Old 12-25-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying Again

Well have made it a week sober thru Christmas. My last drunk left me in a state of paranoia. I think everyone in the world hates me after I drink. I imagine things that never even happened. I need to find a even middle ground in my life. I can get real bad real quick. Day 7 sober want to do it right this time!
Old 12-25-2011, 08:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Shawnee. You have found an awesome support group here at SR.
I felt the same way when I used drugs and alcohol. I was one of those in my group of friends that would get insanely drunk and do very stupid things. The next morning was always the worst. Not remembering what I did. Waiting with trepidation as my friends would recount the night before. Being sober is so much better, I don't have to worry about that stuff anymore.
Don't beat yourself up. Most people don't hate you. They just don't like your actions and the choices you sometimes make.
You may want to try support groups such as AA. You made a great start by joining here. Wishing you the best.
God bless.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

I am also still in the beginning of my journey towards sobriety, but I just want to say that you're in the right place! I'm excited for you!
Old 12-25-2011, 08:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome back and congrats on your week sober!
Old 12-25-2011, 08:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

good work SB
Congratulations on your week!

D
Old 12-25-2011, 09:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks for the encouraging words everyone. the hangover always goes away and when i start to feel better i think this time will be different if i drink i'll do it right this time. alcohol has caused me so many problems in life. 2 dui's other arrests/tickets alcohol related. i really think i will destroy my life if i continue to drink. im only 29, college educated, i have severely hurt my ankle and knee under the influence in the past. i know i have a good heart i just need to put it all together. the pep talks i give myself sound like a broken record though. actions are the only thing that matter at this point. if i could get and stay sober at 29 that would be amazing. they try to make drinking so attractive and cool. its not, it has the potential to destroy lives no matter who you are. I have told myself hundreds of times this will be my last drunk but always fail. I want to be alcohol free so bad and feel better sharing with others who have a drinking problem. god bless you all!
Old 12-25-2011, 09:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

"Actions are the only thing that matter at this point."

Damn straight. With that attitude you're off to an awesome start
Old 12-26-2011, 12:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

'if i could get and stay sober at 29 that would be amazing.'

Of course you can. Why would that be amazing?
Old 12-26-2011, 01:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Welcome to SR Shawnee. I hope you find an outlet for your feelings and a place to find support here. Congrats on Day 7. Steel yourself for New Years now. I invest in a crapton of sparkling (nonfermented) grape juice and sparkling water for my celebrations. It's nice to remember the whole durn party! Keep on walking the sober path. You don't walk it alone.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
Steel yourself for New Years now. I invest in a crapton of sparkling (nonfermented) grape juice and sparkling water for my celebrations...
Good luck too Shawnee. I never had much affection towards double sarsaparilla as a child but I have begun to acquire a taste for it recently...
Old 12-26-2011, 04:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

Originally Posted by ShawneeBoy View Post
actions are the only thing that matter at this point.
Hey neighbor (Merriam KS, here). You can do this. If you need help of the local variety (finding/attending a meeting, etc.), give me a shout.