Notices

I'm a hider

Old 12-23-2011, 04:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm a hider

I've hid vodka bottles under the stove (inside the broiler), in old boxes that held mostly paper and plastic grocery bags, in the basement...
Old 12-23-2011, 04:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Time to change

Originally Posted by Seared View Post
I've hid vodka bottles under the stove (inside the broiler), in old boxes that held mostly paper and plastic grocery bags, in the basement...
We'll go find it all and get rid of it. Merry Christmas
Old 12-23-2011, 05:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Seared,

I see that you made a few threads today, which is not a bad thing - At least you're posting here and telling us what's going on. Any advice we give you is very sincere and trying to help you but only YOU can take control of your life. We can beg and plea with you to stop drinking and try giving you resources, but just "reading" our posts is not going to change anything. Step up to the plate and hit a home run with your life.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Seared View Post
Welcome to the club of most of us. Your laminated card is on the way.

Judging by your other thread "I confess: I Do Not Want To Quit Drinking", wait long enough bro, just like many of us did. It will get easier as the time passes, because eventually you'll have no one left in your life to hide it from.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
When I was 16 or so, I spent hours building a customized, hidden liquor cabinet that would also hold the empties. I even invited others to look for it, telling them what room it was in, and I was very proud of myself for being so clever when they weren't able to find it. Many years later, it was discovered by one of my brothers who was re-modeling the room. He gave me a call, and said he had found something and guessed that it was my doing. I instructed him to destroy all evidence before anyone else noticed, particularly our parents. Suddenly, it didn't seem like something to be very proud of.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Member of SMART Recovery

Seared, I was a hider too. Well, sort of. I was in kind of a weird environment during my drinking days, where people enabled me by looking the other way, and I didn't have to try very hard. But I know what you're talking about. It feels so shameful, doesn't it?

You're definitely not alone on this one.