Pity Party

Old 12-23-2011, 03:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pity Party

SO, I was about to throw myself a little pity party and was getting upset that I was making dinner for one because I made RAH man up and take the kids for the night. Then, I rememebered all the times before we had kids and when the oldest was a baby, that I made dinner and ended up eating it alone. I decided this is better and means I am stronger.

Also, then wanted to take a moment and thank all of you out there that have left recovering addicts years ago but stick around on this website because I need you! Thanks for being there!

Old 12-23-2011, 03:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Hope you're making yourself something extra special tonight! Enjoy your serenity, and Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Old 12-23-2011, 03:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are not alone. Many of us are eating alone this year...but in a quiet and peaceful home. It is better! I'm going to go see "War Horse" Christmas Day...and will make sure it's a lovely holiday after all.

Do something sweet for yourself: get a great massage....do some pampering. And we all need each other here!

Thanks for checking in!
Old 12-23-2011, 03:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are both so sweet and Merry Christmas to you as well. Dinner was tacos! Just the way I like them. Also, makes good left overs for a snack the next few days.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I ate alone tonight, in peace, and,I enjoyed every bite. Your children will not be with you forever, so, it may be the time to enjoy and savor a moment and a dinner alone, thee probably more to come!

Make this Holiday Season special for you and yours!
Old 12-23-2011, 04:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The first Xmas I spent alone after the live in ABF FINALLY moved out I made myself a turkey dinner with everything to go with it. Got a small Xmas tree and spent Xmas eve trimming it and bought my fur children loads of presents, wrapped them all and put them all under the tree. Just me and the fur kids, a great dinner, and lovely serenity with no anxiety about when someone would be staggering through the door. It was heaven!
Old 12-25-2011, 11:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I spent Xmas with a friendīs family. .was ok but missed mine..

Was grateful for my friend whom I can relax with. It was also nice to talk to her dad and male cousins and brother and go "hum, there are great good hearted men out there" I am so used to jerks/selfish types! sheesh.

Made the decision to spend new year alone with the two cats, this time I am making myself dinner and making myself fruit punch. All this week I am decluttering my apartment and my computer and my facebook friends and my real friends, so I can treat myself to something special, I guess my tasty pasta is a good way to start the year. And also accept where I am physically and emotionally and stop the "shoulds". There are no "shoulds". I am alive, I get to live another day and see the sun (down here its sunny all year round!) and that is MAJOR and its enough period... I am enough... this is my motto nowadays