Notices

Relatively new

Old 12-23-2011, 01:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relatively new

Hey so I'm a 22 year old college student, should be graduating soon. Alcohol helped me get arrested a few times so now I'm on probation and trying to get sober. Went about 9 months without a drink, then had a fun weekend after i got some oxycodone from surgery. Haven't drank since then, but I realize, as I realized before, that I cannot get sober if I keep taking my adderall. So tonight as I was coming down from being up, i destroyed my adderalls. I plan to tell my mother not to let me get them anymore, and I'll try to be more open with my sponsor.
I just hate the things I do on mind altering substances, the way i embarrass myself so predictably. Or how I just feel so uncomfortable being alive as I am coming down, as I was tonight off of the addies @ a meeting. Anyway, hi you wall, I hope Dec 23 2011 will be my sobriety date 4ever
Old 12-23-2011, 01:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR Atheist

D
Old 12-23-2011, 01:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome. Lots of great support here. We have a secular recovery and secular 12 step forum here which may be of special interest you based on your user name.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Awesome. I've been clean a little while and you are already an inspiration to me. Honestly, if I were you, I'd print out that post and put it up where you can read it every day because it so succinct and so true.

Glad to have you hear and looking forward to sharing recovery with you.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What a great gift you are giving yourself for Christmas and Christmas' future! Welcome to SoberRecovery!