Saving myself

Old 12-21-2011, 08:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Saving myself

When my now ex-boyfriend went to jail earlier this year, I discovered a lot of things about myself and him. (Jailed for possession of marijuana for over a month) Marijuana was his drug of choice and drinking became his other love.

We had many fights and arguments whenever I brought up him slowing down or getting help for his drinking and smoking weed. I knew that he had been smoking weed but whenever he was high I never wanted to be around him because he had also been drinking, all of which making him an unpleasant person. He wasn't reliable and whenever I did see him, I could tell he had been using.

He had started therapy and going to meetings after his release from jail but I later discovered that he had relapsed a few times. Should I have stayed with him when he got help? Should I have saved myself from more heartache and not be with him when he started his sobriety? I'm still so confused on how to process my thinking on this. It's hard to know what to think when you thought all was well but then finding out it wasn't. It was all a lie.

Any advice is appreciated.