Notices

My pink cloud

Old 12-21-2011, 12:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

My pink cloud

Is not there this time. I keep looking for it. I remember for the first 30 days or so I used to have this almost euphoric feeling about how great life is now.

This is not the case this time. I know I'm in for a hard road ahead.

It seems like that " pink cloud" really helped in the first weeks.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My pink cloud lasted for over a month with some random bouts/swings of depression/freaking out. But it kept me feeling solid in sobriety and not even wanting to drink, until maybe a week or so ago. When that happened (I wanted to drink and felt that life was pretty pointless with or without alcohol, so, why not drink?), I realized I was not taking enough action or putting enough work into things. I was just over-thinking things. Maybe this is similar for you?

On a side note, there was a girl at an AA meeting I went to recently whose enthusiasm and eagerness was inspiring. She had 7 days sober from alcohol (longer, she said, from drugs) and was all bouncy and happy and volunteering. I was like, WOW, how can she be so sure of herself at this early stage? She told me she's grateful to have found help and she is riding the pink cloud while it lasts, becasue she's heard that it won't. I thought that was wise and I feel like the actions we take while on the pink cloud help extend it, and, even when we do not feel the pink cloud (which I realize you are not feeling now), if we keep taking action, things will get better. Good luck.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
yeah maybe, but THEN what happened when the pink cloud went away?
It became harder, but I got through it and made it to 6 months where I had forgotten about it. Then having forgot about it I had a glass of wine on vacation.

Here I am again.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HardwiredFlaws View Post
It became harder, but I got through it and made it to 6 months where I had forgotten about it. Then having forgot about it I had a glass of wine on vacation.

Here I am again.
Welcome back and congrats on getting back to sobriety. It sounds to me like the lesson you've learned is not to become too complacent, to continue to keep sobriety your first priority. ?
Old 12-21-2011, 01:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

Originally Posted by Pigtails View Post
Welcome back and congrats on getting back to sobriety. It sounds to me like the lesson you've learned is not to become too complacent, to continue to keep sobriety your first priority. ?
Exactly. This time I have a bigger reason. My New Daughter.

She will be the reason to keep this up.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HardwiredFlaws View Post
Exactly. This time I have a bigger reason. My New Daughter.

She will be the reason to keep this up.
That's awesome! A great reason to stay sober, in addition to a good life for yourself.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks hardwired for the reminder,

I hope never to become complacent in my sobriety or take it for granted. Pigtails liked your post about using the good times to put into place the things that will keep you sober.
When you are feeling flat it is hard to do anything.

Merry Christmas
CaiHong
Old 12-21-2011, 05:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Re-Member

You folks may think that folks with a lot longer sobriety are admirable and have it all under control, perhaps some of us do. But you guys sure remind me of what those first weeks and months were like and reinforce that I am not about to go through that ever again. While you wonder why we hang around here and how unselfish we are, you might be missing how much you help us too. Like the enthusiastic girl at Pigtail's AA meeting, you are my bouncy positive people that inspire.