Notices

Got to hear a great lead today :)

Old 12-20-2011, 09:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Got to hear a great lead today :)

Just thought I would share that at my home group tonight, I was blessed to listen to an old timer with 51 years sober.

He got sober here in Cleveland by and with Sister Ignatia.

For folks that are not to AA or just dont know who she was.She was a nun that started in St Thomas in Akron, she was reponsible for admitting the first alcoholic to a hospital in 1934. When we alkies were shunned from hospital care.She had them come threw the back door.By 1936 she had them coming through the front door like everyone else.

She also started the whole AA sober coin. With handing out a blessed heart and said you come give this back before you drink again if you going to not after. Thats how that started.

Then came up here to Cleveland and open and ran a famous rehab which is still here today. Rosary Hall. In fact my mother went threw there.

Even if you not religous , cause I am not she was just truly a inspirational person that walked this earth with love and understanding.

If we all could be like that

Peace, Indamiracale
Old 12-20-2011, 09:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, that's really cool!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-21-2011, 03:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Have I ceased being inwardly defeated, at war with myself? Have I given myself freely to AA and to the Higher Power? Have I gotten over being sick inside? Am I still wandering mentally ro am I "on the the beam" ? I can face anything if I am sure I am on the way . When I am sure , I should bet my life on AA. I have learned how the program works.

Now will I follow it with all i have ,with all I can give, with all my might , with all my life?

peace and happy holidays all . hug
Old 12-21-2011, 04:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Right Where I am Suppose to be

Sooooo Glad to have u back my friend !!!!!!
Old 12-21-2011, 04:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Re-Member

All I can say Dylan my friend is
Old 12-21-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Awesome Indie. We proud of you, and thanks for the wonderful story.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow this is super cool. Sister Ignatia (Sister Ig as Dr. Bob sometimes jokingly called her) is one of my favorite people in AA history. Here is a nice wiki article on her: Sister Ignatia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also 2 good books that mention her liberally is "Dr Bob and the Good Oldtimers", which is actually Dr Bob's life story, and "Sister Ignatia - Angel of Alcoholics Anonymous".

When the Saturday Evening Post did its 2nd article on AA in 1950, the writer would not use any AA members names, respecting their anonymity. He wanted to use Sister Ignatia's name though, and she protested this. But Bill Wilson stepped up and said "If you want to be anonymous sister, you'll have to take a little drink first". Sister Ignatia's name was used in the article.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Hi all,

Well now its thursday and sounds like a good day to walk to the rec for a swim , library, gather the goods for sour soup for Christmas Eve, the a awesome thursday meeting.

Sounds like a good day to me