Xmas Update on Son and Great-Grandaughter

Old 12-20-2011, 10:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Xmas Update on Son and Great-Grandaughter

Hi Everyone.

Popping in to say Merry Xmas and to update you all.

Well, son is still doing well, thank the Lord. He has been seeing a gal he met at an NA dance, and he really seems to like her. She is also into NA. She has been clean for 12 years. They seem to be very happy, and all I can do is pray.

He is still working, and when we see him he is pleasant and actually holds a conversation. He hasn't asked for anything from us, which is a good thing.

In short, I pray it continues. I also pray we live long enough to see our great-grandaughter old enough to care for herself, or perhaps long enough to see our son be able to care for her when we're gone.

Posting a photo of our little darling.

Hope everyone has a great Holiday Season.

Hugs, Devastated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Xmas 2011.jpg (24.3 KB, 74 views)
Old 12-20-2011, 10:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Merry Christmas

Positive, uplifting post. Glad to hear things are going well.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

she is so cute & has grown so much. i am happy things are looking up for you. i pray your son continues to go to meetings. we both know they work if u work them. merry christmas to you. it is always good to hear from you. hugs & prayers, hope
Old 12-20-2011, 11:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

What a gorgeous little Christmas princess!!!

I'm so glad to hear that things are going well for your son. That is great news, indeed!
Old 12-20-2011, 11:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Dev))) - wow, she really is growing up and is beautiful! Glad to hear your son is doing well, also. Here's to a very merry Christmas for the ((Dev Family)))!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-20-2011, 12:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all.

Think about how many miles we have traveled together. Some hard knocks along the way, and some big laughs too.

I have forgotten how many years we've been together; however, my OLDER SISTER, ANN, should remember. She always did have a better memory than myself. LOL

As I said, I never get my hopes too high, but want everyone out there to know where there is life there is hope. I've been waiting for probably 35 years for this. I do believe God sent us Trinity in order to take the focus off the son.

I think when you absolutely make up your mind that their life is in their hands, and start focusing on other things, they get better!

Yes, she has gotten so big. She is a delight and so well-adjusted. She is so happy all the time. I love it when she wants to play a pretend game. I say, "OK, what do you want to play?" She says, "you be the mommy, nonno will be the daddy, and I will be the baby." I look at her and say "SO WHAT'S THE GAME?" LOL

She talks about her mom and dad when we go for walks. This is a good thing. She remembers quite a bit about the past, and what she has been through. She always says, "thank you Nanna, for my room, and my house." "I love you and Nonno, and our house too!" Makes a fellow pretty happy, huh?

Teachers cannot get over how far she has come. I talk to her all the time about not feeling sorry that she doesn't have her mom and dad right here with her. I do not want her to grow up feeling she missed something in life. We devote a lot of time to her. She has a very good vocabulary. Learning Italian too. What fun!!

Hugs, Devastated
Old 12-20-2011, 01:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Son and great-grand daughter? Or son and grand daughter? Are we missing a generation here?

Glad your son is doing well, regardless.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh Dev, she is growing so fast and is absolutely beautiful!!! She must have your good genes.

I am so happy for you all that your son is doing well. He's been in my prayers a long time, and he shall remain for the "thank you" prayers too.

We have been walking together almost 10 years here at SR. I'll be 10 years in March and I think you were hot on my trail and followed soon after. How grateful I am for every one of those 10 years, Dev, good years and bad, because we got to walk together, we got to choose dresses for a prison wedding...even though we never got the wear them, and we got to cheer each other on as we grew.

Big hugs and lots of love to you and Mr. Dev and a special big gushy hug to little Princess Dev, from her Aunty Ann of the north, presently in the south, lol.

:day6
Old 12-20-2011, 01:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh Ann, you always make me smile. Believe it or not, I'm all choked up reading your post.

I remember the bad times and the fun times too. He actually did keep us laughing didn't he? The prison wedding was hysterical!! Wonder what ever happened to that little Miss?? LOL Even my son shakes his head when I bring that one up.

I wonder if the warden(s) miss me? I remember at one point my son gave me a message from one of them asking me not to write to him anymore! Darn I was crushed when that warden didn't want me to be his penpal!

I always think of me calling there giving them all heck about my son not receiving a book that I sent him on time!! I would always throw in the fact that I, afterall, paid his salary!! OMG, what nerve I had.

I will always remember all the good advice you gave me. When I was feeling my lowest, you would bring me right back up again. The only way I made it at all was because of everyone here.

OMG, do you remember my mailman?? Remember when Mr. Dev said to be careful because he was pretty "fukzy?" Didn't have to worry after he questioned me about who was it I knew in San Quentin, and I answered my son for killing a mailman!! I was so bad!

Ann, I'm sure this child has my genes. I swear she is a "mini-me" already. The minute she gets in the car she starts telling Mr. Dev how to drive! LOL I tell him she is preparing for womanhood! LOL

Hope you and Mr. Ann, have a great Holiday!

Hugs and kisses, Dev
Old 12-20-2011, 01:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yep, Dgillz, great-grandaughter!!

I have found the secret to looking young though. Every time I see a new wrinkle, I gain a pound. it works!!! LOL

Hugs, Devastated
Old 12-20-2011, 01:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Don't choke up to tears Dev, you will get that awful Tammy Baker face again and I'll have to find some mascara remover that will no doubt react with your wrinkle cream and we'll just have one awful mess here.

By the way, I used to love my wrinkle cream until Jane Fonda started endorsing it...that woman has had at least 20 face lifts! If the cream worked so darn well, why would she need them.

Now WE could do some dandy commercials, Dev, a whole new career awaits us.

Why do I have a feeling that San Quenton will never be the same after you got through with them.

More hugs 'cause I gotta run and make dinner. I think I'll make my "Accidentally Blackened Chicken" it's always a hit with the mister. Mr. Dev could have the recipe if he wanted, but it's simple, cook the chicken and while cooking go do a manicure and by the time you get back it is blackened.

Love ya...Bye
Old 12-20-2011, 03:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Oh Ann, that sounds heavenly! I actually believe I made that recipe forty years ago. That was such a hit! Almost as good as the meatloaf that I threw to the dog because everyone was doing the "yuck" thing, and he pee'd on it!

Yep, that's why I haven't cooked since. mr. Dev says I better pray I go first! Do you think? LOL

Hugs, Dev

p.s. Do you know another good trick I use to do? When I wanted to speak to my son, I would call SQ and ask to speak to the chaplin. I would then give a message to the Chaplin to give to my son! God love him, he always gave him the message!

Hugs, Devastated