AD is out of jail...

Old 12-20-2011, 09:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AD is out of jail...

I didn't answer the first day that she tried to call me because Mom had given me a heads up she was out, and to be honest, I wasn't ready to talk to her.

When I did answer, it was the same old same old. Blame everywhere else but on her. She had the audacity to ask if she could come along for our family Christmas gathering, and if I could stop and pick up the grandkids too? There is a no contact order in place in regard to her daughter, and she lost custody of her over this last mess.

I told her that was not going to happen. She thinks the no contact order is a joke, and that she is going to talk to the social worker and have it lifted. Meanwhile, the dad/stepmom are following the letter of the law and working very hard with my granddaughter, who has been profoundly influenced and affected by her mother's disease.

No, she will not be at our gathering this year, and that is a consequence of her actions/behaviors/attitudes.

I will have a nice day on Christmas, heading to an all-you-can eat buffet with my folks and a movie afterwards (I think we are going to see War Horse).

I hope all of you are able to detach from the addicts/alcoholics in your life and have a happy holiday too!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you are so brave for doing the right things. my heart goes out to you. i am glad you have made up your mind to enjoy your christmas. my prayers are with your daughter that she will find her recovery. hugs & hope,
Old 12-20-2011, 11:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((DeVon))) - I'm glad that you are letting all her words go in one ear and out the other. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-20-2011, 11:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm so sorry that your daughter still has not learned.....

But....

What a wonderful way to celebrate Christmas with family! I hope you enjoy a great meal with loving family and enjoy the movie (although I understand you'll need to bring the tissues--it's a tear-jerker!).

Have a very Merry Christmas, DeVon!
Old 12-20-2011, 12:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You're giving everyone a beautiful gift, though not all may see it that way.

Merry Christmas, DeVon, and wishing you a blessed New Year
Old 12-20-2011, 01:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Your post hits close to home in that I'm raising my great-grandaughter and her Mom and Dad still don't get it!

Whenever they called here to speak to the baby, I say no! I refuse to let them undo all we have strived to do.

I am very happy that your grandaughter has her Dad and stepmom in her life, and are following all the rules. We had social workers, as many as three at a time, for about a year and a half. We became great friends with all of them. Our adoption was final in August.

Good for you for letting her know you are serious. Don't you love the way they think they can manipulate the system and have the child in their life anytime they want? Rude awaking when they find out no one is "kidding" with them.

My grandaughter, the mom of our great-grandaughter, had a third child and gave it away. We don't know to who or where. When I asked her about it, she said she was going to talk to the social worker about this because they all tricked her. She said, I don't even have any paperwork. I said, "I'll bet you did at one time!" How sad!

Have a great Holiday. I'll bet that movie was great!

Keep up the good work!

Hugs, Devastated
Old 12-20-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

GOOD FOR YOU DEVON!!!!!!!!!

And please let me know how you like "War Horse." I will be seeing it but not on Xmas day, lol

Hope your "IN/OUT" earrings are holding up .................... if not I'll send you another pair, lmao

Have a great Holiday.

Love and hugs,
Old 12-20-2011, 01:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Good job! Enjoy your Holidays!