Notices

Need to breathe...

Old 12-19-2011, 09:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need to breathe...

Movers come in 9 hours, and I'm not ready... felt fine all day, but starting to panic. Haven't sat down since 9am... Decided to sit down, take some deep breaths and regroup. It's not like we're unprepared, we just have a lot of stuff, and have to separate what we need this week from what they should take. Really nothing to stress about, but doing this without a glass of wine is killing me! lol My husband is stressing too, so that never helps because he is the level headed one! So I'm gonna sit for a minute... close my eyes, and hope I don't fall asleep!! Too much left to do! But, on the plus side, it feels good to be tired
Old 12-19-2011, 10:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You'll be fine. A glass of wine certainly wouldn't make matters better. I know how hard it is to try to accomplish life sifting through the alcoholic fog.

You're lucky you have movers to help you. Last month I packed and moved -alone. Over 1400 miles of driving with a UHaul. I can sympathize with your stress levels but it was SO much easier sober.

Take a breath and relax...
Old 12-19-2011, 10:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
You'll be fine. A glass of wine certainly wouldn't make matters better. I know how hard it is to try to accomplish life sifting through the alcoholic fog.

You're lucky you have movers to help you. Last month I packed and moved -alone. Over 1400 miles of driving with a UHaul. I can sympathize with your stress levels but it was SO much easier sober.

Take a breath and relax...
Agreed... Moved just 4 months ago a few states, now again all the way across the country. Moved ourselves the first time, now just nervous of the process of being moved... Looked at The clock and gave me a shock! Decided, to go with it... What will be, will be!
Old 12-19-2011, 10:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad I was sober when I moved - it made things so much better when I looked back...a vast difference to my previous move where I stayed up the entire night before drinking and getting high

You'll be fine Canille

D
Old 12-20-2011, 01:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If I could have the stuff back that I lost or forgot moving while drinking....I'd need a couple warehouses....I think breathing is a far better choice than drinking.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
I think breathing is a far better choice than drinking.

Quote of the day.