Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

December 19 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 12-19-2011, 03:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

December 19 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

There are 168 hours in each week. Those who come to Al-Anon for help have many of those hours filled with disturbing and even painful experience; uncertainty, unfilled needs and even violence. There are ways to overcome much of this distress, and Al-Anon offers us one way.

Isn’t it worth one little hour out of 168 to come to an Al-Anon meeting? Isn’t it worth ten minutes a day for reading the Al-Anon books that tell us what we can do to help ourselves, and perhaps half an hour to give a lift to another person in trouble?

TODAY’S REMINDER

It takes so little time out of the week to learn how Al-Anon applies to me and my chaotic life, that the changes I can bring about seem like miracles. Living the Al-Anon way is an EVERY day program, and the more thought I give to it, the greater my rewards will be – in contentment, fulfillment and constant spiritual growth.

“Every minute I use in thinking and using the Al-Anon program makes all the hours of my week more livable.”