Notices

Out of the blue

Old 12-18-2011, 05:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Out of the blue

I'm having major major cravings. I'm on day 46 and I've not really craved alcohol until now. I have depression with occasional hypomanic episodes and I'm in one of those moods today...I feel really high but in a bad way and I want to get drunk. I can't think straight or concentrate on anything and I'm practically crawling out of my skin

My housemate has some vodka in the fridge and I can't pour it away cause it isn't mine so I'm going to have to resist temptation. Aaaaaggghhh I should sleep but I can't!! Help!
Old 12-18-2011, 05:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

I had one of those last night, ended up rearranging my bedroom a bit ... not sure if you can do that, but it sure took my mind off the 'thoughts'.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Purple pixie it will pass. It really will. Is there anything on tv you want to watch? Or can you run out for a peppermint decaf latte? Can you take a shower?

Also can you ask your room mate to not have it in the house or at the least keep it in their room?

I hope it gets better. I'll stay online if you want to "chat". You can PM me
Old 12-18-2011, 05:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Purplepixie, I'm sorry you are feeling uneasy. But do me a favor and stay far away from that fridge. I'm sure, if you are a younger person, you have laundry piled up somewhere, or that need to be put away....so GO CLEAN YOUR ROOM. LOL That's an order.

I was so crazy one time that I organized the silverware drawer...it worked!
Old 12-18-2011, 05:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm moving house at the minute so I'm in an almost empty room bar a few boxes...I have nothing to tidy or sort unfortunately! I considered going for a run but it's 1.40am here and my house is in a dodgy area so it's not very safe (it's alos minus 4 degrees which puts me off a bit lol!). I would go for a drive but I feel so high that I'm not sure I'd be safe to drive right now and there's nowhere to go at this time....gahhhhh, I'm not trying to make excuses I promise and I really appreciate all your support, maybe I should take a shower

I can't drink her vodka, if it isn't mine to throw away then it isn't mine to drink! I don't really want to drink anyway, I just want this manic feeling to stop and I know drinking would slow my head down a bit. I'd definitely regrt it if I did though
Old 12-18-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It is so hard getting through times like this but you can get through it A shower sounds great.