Notices

Packer Game

Old 12-18-2011, 01:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Packer Game

Made it through a Packer game for the FIRST time in my life without drinking!! It is only day 2 but still was goood for me. Hope my not drinking was not their bad luck!
Old 12-18-2011, 02:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations to you!! An end to their perfect season could have been a great trigger.

I love the pack, love the Vikes, can hardly stand the games for the stress. I went out and rode my horse today during the Vikes' latest loss.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Even though it really hurts me to reply to this, because of the loss, I will LOL. I'm from Wisconsin, I moved to NC this year (in July).

Congratulations on being sober, like me, I also drank like a fish during packer games and my first packers game sober was A LOT more enjoyable. Don't say "It's only day two", you should probably say "It's the second day of my new life"

PS: I've been to lambeau field once for a Packers game, but that was way back in the day - back when the cry baby favre was playing lol.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Towards the end of my drinking I couldn't even remember who won the next morning after a Packers game. The first thing I would do when I woke up after passing out would be to jump on the internet to find a recap of the game. A win or lose watching football sober is much more enjoyable.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Congrats.
I've made it through 13 NFL Sundays sober this year, I use to start real early with the drinking and there was no chance I'd be awake for the night game. :-D
Old 12-18-2011, 04:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Duke - Proud of you for making it through. Doesn't it feel good to make it over a hurdle like that? It'll get easier and you'll be less anxious as time goes on. Great job.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats. I sold my tickets to the football game today (I have season tickets) because I didn't want to tempt myself. That is one of my goals, to eventually go to a game and not drink. You should be very proud of yourself.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great job. I'm an Eagles and Giants fan. Drinking, not drinking, watching, cold weather etc. Notmhing will help my teams
Old 12-18-2011, 05:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations on the sober time. Two days is very important. Gerby's right on the positive thinking thang.
Although I'm not a basketball fan I'm sure your sobriety was not their bad luck.

PS. Just kidding...I know it's baseball season.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Duke - Proud of you for making it through. Doesn't it feel good to make it over a hurdle like that? It'll get easier and you'll be less anxious as time goes on. Great job.
Yeah, I smoke and drink all the time during the games because it was too stressfull. Today I just walked out the room when it got too stressful. Took a little Melatonin and am going to watch a movie and hopefully sleep well. Thanks for your support.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

the games because it was too stressfull.
If every game was won by teams, it wouldn't be fun to watch. Yeah, I was really disappointed in the loss, but not stressing out over it - It's just a game. Just be happy it wasn't the playoffs!
Old 12-18-2011, 11:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Another Packer fan here. My first dry Packer game in perhaps over 30 years was Super Bowl 45 last February, so that was a tough one to sit through sober. By the time this season rolled around, though, I was already accustomed to not drinking, so it hasn't been an issue at all. I even went to Lambeau for the Monday night Packers/Vikings game in November, and that's the first game at Lambeau being sober, too. I'm just viewing sobriety as a way of life these days, and it's a pretty nice feeling!

And yeah, too bad about the loss this weekend, but hopefully it'll give the Pack a boost for the playoff run.