Notices

Exhaustion

Old 12-17-2011, 02:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exhaustion

At day 17. Exhausted and crying jags. Is this normal? I thought I would be feeling better by now. Also feeling incredibly stressed. My husband is a little freaked out.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm at day 16, and, while I'm not crying, I'm exhausted too. I even look tired - people have been asking me if I'm sick.

I suppose it's just part of the detox process.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

it was pretty normal for me for about the first month, version2.

A lot of us put ourselves through hell - it takes a bit of a rollercoaster ride to get back to normal sometimes, but things do level out

D
Old 12-17-2011, 02:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Riel and Dee. I don't know why but I figured that it would be easier for me than for others. "I didn't really drink THAT much." not true. Also I noticed my excema coming back. I only get thatwhen REALLY stressed. Haven't had it for years.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Exhausted
Your body is in the process of recovery. The years of damage you've did with drinking now are beginning to heal. Your body is taking your energy and focusing it on repairing, thus why you're tired.

crying jags
While still in early recovery you're discovering what it is like to deal with reality. Being sober at work is usually easy and effortless for most people, but as soon as the drinking time comes around, you're lost and confused and unsure of what to do.

Go for walks and drink plenty of water, walking is an unbelievable stress reliever.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your eczema clears up soon too Version2.

D
Old 12-17-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Why do you think I picked the name Itchy? My skin dried up and I got dandruff. I had decades of drinking and, like Dee, morning till night at the end there. I had a lot of irritability and anxiety at your stage. I also went to my doc monthly for the first three months to check blood and other vitals to be sure nothing else was wrong. I see a lot of folks that agree with my experience that the first few weeks are tough. After three months everybody is pretty much settled and start to relax and accelerate healing.

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was our alcoholism. Healing is quicker but takes some time too.

Congrats on getting here, it gets easier as you proceed.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Itchy. And thanks Gerbosko. SR is my lifeline right now. And I am going to see a doctor. Been avoiding that but needs to happen.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Version2 - I felt very similar around day 19. Also had some crying jags. I'm at day 45 and it's getting better. Still teary sometimes (a friend of mine said that might happen for about a year - out of no where crying) but I feel A LOT better now then I did at day 15-25.

Hang in there
Old 12-17-2011, 05:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yea Version, I'm at three weeks today and I still feel like crud a lot of the time. Very tired, cranky, aches and pains, almost feels like the flu. We'll get through it.
God bless.