Quit smoking--thanks to EXAH

Old 12-17-2011, 07:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quit smoking--thanks to EXAH

I quit smoking on Monday night after thirty-five years of sucking down Newports. It's pretty amazing. The only time I'd ever gone more than 24 hours without a cig in all that time was when I had my daughter by C-section 20 years ago and was hooked up to a morphine IV and a catheter.

My ex-husband quit about a year ago using this same guy--it's a chiropractor who does that electronic acupuncture ear thing that takes away the craving. Never thought I'd be grateful to my ex for something, but I kept thinking, "WOW, he's SUCH a loser--active alkie, former druggie, compulsive gambler--and if HE could quit, so could I!"

So you never know. Even the person who treated you worse than anyone else in the world can turn out to have their merits!
Old 12-17-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS!!
Be strong and just take it one day one minute at a time. I quit smoking 2 1/2 years ago after 36 years. Everyday you will feel better and better and pretty soon you wont even remember you ever smoked unless its thinking about all the years you wasted doing it.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewDawnFades View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!
Be strong and just take it one day one minute at a time. I quit smoking 2 1/2 years ago after 36 years. Everyday you will feel better and better and pretty soon you wont even remember you ever smoked unless its thinking about all the years you wasted doing it.
Congrats to you, too! 2 1/2 years is great!

It is not as bad as I feared because of the ear thing--I felt the nicotine craving leave as he was hitting the pressure points. It's the habit and mental parts that have to be overcome--like automatically having a cig upon waking, after meals, getting off the train walking to the office, etc. Now that I've gone through the gamut of those auto times without one, it seems easier. The first couple days I felt very depressed, as if I'd lost a friend or something, but that seems to be passing, or at least not as severe.