Notices

first time here

Old 12-15-2011, 11:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

first time here

Hello,
I'm new here and not quite sure where to start. One question I have is has anyone been released from rehab during the holidays? My SO is being released on christmas eve. I'm very nervous, that 28 days might not have been enoug h time. He is a very hard core alcoholic, with an alcohol level of 492 last time he was admitted to the hospital. He's had 3 relapses and detox sessions over the last 4 months. And now I am worried if the holidays are a stressful time, is it a good idea to put someone in the middle of them to start living sober? Yikes....would love anyone to respond with some tools I might use to keep from doing anything that might trigger problems. I am still trying to understand the addictive nature.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, Pennys.

A good place to start would the be the friends and family section of SR. Here is a link.

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I'm glad you found us and welcome. I hope that the holidays won't affect his wanting to stay sober.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

at least he has you to come home to /some people are let out with no support at all.
try to remind him that xmas is very short and that with your support he can get through this,
try not to have any alcohol around the house .
i know that is hard especilly if people come over for a visit.
i dont know your circumstancs ? ie if people know about his history..
but i would imagine that most people would abstain from drinking around a person who just came out of rehab or detox.
good luck and keep us posted
Old 12-18-2011, 07:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reply. I will not have any alchohol around and my family is aware what he has gone through and won't be drinking either. I am worrying if I should try to plan his days over this next weekend or just let him get used to being home? My hope is he will get into an AA group both days and hopefully that will help some.