She keeps calling

Old 12-14-2011, 03:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

She keeps calling

I decided yesterday after the screaming phone call that I was either going to change my number or just not answer. After much prayer for god to give the strength not to answer ( my number is about 1000 business cards I have passed out ) I decided not to let my A have any power over me anymore. She called me 13 times and I did not answer. I hate to admit it, but I felt like I was taking back my power. I have decided that no contact is good contact for now. When she is served she will only scream at me daily. It was discovered by DSS yesterday that my daughter has been truant for about 2 mos now. I was told that she was enrolled in an online school again. WOW. She just keeps digging it deeper. I feel so sorry for my daughter. She is very smart. She is a model, a cheerleader, a dancer. Her dreams are being shattered by this addiction. That is why I am pulling my head out of the sand. No more fear of my A. I will do what is in the best interest of my daughter.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can block her # is it a cell or landline? It is the best thing I ever did for myself because as much as I say I dont want her to call it does something to me chemically to me when she does.My recovery has gotten so much stronger since I dont have to "worry" about that anymore.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dbh

As an adult child of an alcoholic, just wanted to say that it sounds like your daughter needs your help. It's so hard to deal with an alcoholic and even harder when you're a child and they are your parent.

db
Old 12-14-2011, 06:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No contact = No new hurts
Old 12-14-2011, 06:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

prayers for u & your daughter. you are doing exactly what u should.. putting your daughter & your self first.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Your daughter sounds like she needs you desperately. I hope you can make all that happen ASAP. You most definitely have taken your power back and your A doesn't like it one little bit. Wah wah wah.