Notices

One Week

Old 12-12-2011, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One Week

One week without a drop to drink. I cannot claim it has been easy, but the results have been worthwhile. It is a real treat to wake up in the morning and be awake.

This was a tough weekend. Due to family circumstances I had to attend a big party Friday night. Other than kids, I think I was the only person not drinking. Since people are not used to that, I had to HIDE the fact that I wasn't drinking. Fortunately, the hostess served people in opaque glassware so I grabbed a dark red wine glass and I poured my juice into it.

Did the same thing on Sunday. It was really funny to hide my drinking - of NON-Alcohol.

Again, it is really nice to have a clear mind in the morning.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your week Snead
I'm not really up on why you had to hide not drinking tho?

D
Old 12-12-2011, 01:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Every morning when I wake up sober and clear headed and feeling good I am rewarded for living sober. Not to mention saving money, feeling healthier, and avoiding all the risk that goes with drinking...

I wouldn't worry about having to hide your non-drinking. If asked why I'm not drinking I just say I've already had a lifetime's worth of drinking and I'm done now.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job on 1 week. Do what you need to do not to drink alcohol. You're doing great
Old 12-12-2011, 01:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations! Holiday parties/get togethers can be a minefield. Stay strong, and welcome to SR. You will find a lot of support here!
Old 12-13-2011, 09:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for your kind comments.

I am hiding my NOT drinking because of a few folks who will give me all sorts of grief if they find out I've quit...again.

My close friends know, but there are others who might try to sabotage me. These are folks who ought to give up the bottle too and whenever they see someone doing that, they push back.

Anyhow, I enjoy the clear morning too much to drink at night.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Came to Believe

Originally Posted by Snead View Post
Thank you for your kind comments.

I am hiding my NOT drinking because of a few folks who will give me all sorts of grief if they find out I've quit...again.

My close friends know, but there are others who might try to sabotage me. These are folks who ought to give up the bottle too and whenever they see someone doing that, they push back.

Anyhow, I enjoy the clear morning too much to drink at night.
In my opinion, recovery is a personal thing anyways, so I don't think you have to advertise...though it did help me a lot to stay accountable if other people knew that I was a recovering alcoholic. There's nothing like your stepson announcing to the table at a wedding reception that you can't drink to keep you in check.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Well done on your one week Snead!