Notices

My love affair has ended.....

Old 12-12-2011, 12:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My love affair has ended.....

My love affair has ended. It's not a sad story, as I don't love you like I used to. You don't hold my hand and guide me through my darkest moments. You stop caring about me when I tried to regain control of you. You are a manipulator, an abuser and a down right vicious part of my life. You make me believe that you will help me. You paint these pictures to people and I like many had no choice but to believe you. How could I not? You made life on your side look glamorous and promising and full of life. But you lied to me. You took my trust, my integrity, my self esteem. You twisted my words, played on my emotions and made a literal fool out of me. I see you doing the same thing to others who don't know you as well as I. I trusted you, and you screwed me over. So, 7 days ago I gave you up. I have no desire to consume your poison, fall for your lies or defend my position when I am with you. You are toxic. You are a lying poison that has wrecked havoc in my life. You can take your glamorous facad somewhere else. There is nothing glamorous about you. You don't know how to help people. You manipulate them. You don't calm me down, you stress me out and I am through with you. So, dear alcohol, you are by far, the biggest farse that has ever entered my life and it is at this point I say good bye forever to you. I'm not sorry we met, as I wouldn't be where I am today, but I'm sorry I listened to your twisted advice for so long! Good bye and good riddance!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2011, 12:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love this post!!!!!!!!! You are very eloquent! Thanks for taking the time to write this. It is a keeper for me!

A dose of reality....thanks.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Awesome post. Thanks
Old 12-12-2011, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great expression of your feeling of how alcohol has made you feel and what it has taken from you.
Congrads on the 7 days.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Amazing post, ontherightpath! Very impactful Congrats on 7 days. I made it to 5 days last week, but back on day 1 now.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
part time member

7 days IS a big deal....we understand.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Well put. Congrats on your decision.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks all, I love to write, and I thought this put my situation in perfect words.....
Old 12-12-2011, 05:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sounds like my last marriage. LOL
Great post....a relationship you are sure not to miss.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
Sounds like my last marriage. LOL
Great post....a relationship you are sure not to miss.

That was kind of my approach. It seems all to often we allow others to treat us bad, take advantage of us and manipulate situations, and we will take a stand and set boundaries. But with alcohol we it doesn't matter how bad we let it get us, we keep making excuses and try to beat it. The boundaries keep getting pushed out, further and further. We are paving or way to total devastation one drunk at a time. An dhopefully, having found a recovery program, and our friends at sr, we can conciously start to care about us, and pave the road to happiness, serenity and sobriety, one post, one minute, or one day at a time. Have a blessed day!