Notices

concert and bar

Old 12-11-2011, 09:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

concert and bar

Last night I had a date with a girl at concert which was at a bar. Took her ahead of time that I quit drinking. Some of her friends were there and were surprise that I could to a bar and not drink. They ask me how can you have fun without drinking. Telling them that I got tired of the hangover, feeling sick and binge drinking. They didn't think that was a big think deal. Then ask me if I was an alcoholic which in turn I tell them that it does not work they way and it does not matter if I was or not but that alcohol was no longer fun or enjoying anymore.

I saw that band which sux and jump to 2 bars which one hot bartender said wow big man for ordering diet coke. I smile and said thanks and took my drink and went back to my table. Feeling good I didn't want to drink and went through the night without any trouble. Seem like I'm take sobriety very well now.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Real men drink coke! =)
Old 12-11-2011, 11:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
Real men drink coke! =)
yea it was not really that hard to not drink when you know it's no longer fun to do so. Feel good that I'm not hungover or sick from the night before.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
instant

solid performance. I am glad you feel comfortable about where you are at.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

put the energy of getting to bars into sobriety & working.....
Old 12-12-2011, 09:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Not me, won't catch me anywhere near anyplace that sells alcohol, besides a grocery store because that's about impossible to do.

Why even put yourself in a situation where there is even a 1/1,000,000 chance you could drink? Remember, it only takes 1 :-)

That one second, that tiny little second that you forget what you've been through and think to yourself that you can handle it this time will be the one second that will ruin you.

I would advise not tempting fate and stay away from bars...just sayn' LOL
Old 12-12-2011, 10:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm happy you didn't drink. And it's pretty neat that you were able to talk to your friends like that. I can't even have that kind of convo with my family!

I can't go to bars though, I'd drink, I just know it. But I'm 43 so I don't find myself in them anymore.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

A good one is to also hold on to your stomach and say I'm trying to lose some weight and alcohol puts on a lot of calories, some people don't like hearing that.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Let me tell you of a story....mine.

I got clean and sober on Feb. 4, 1991. In 1996ish I met a gal at work. She and I had so much in common, she was so much fun....we would talk on the phone for hours, shop together, hang out, laugh, etc. The only thing was, she was probably an alcoholic and I was in recovery. Every single time I went over to her apt to hang out, she would offer me a beer. Every single time I would turn her down. Her boyfriend and she would always party out and usually I would leave.

One day I went to her apt and she offered me a beer. I drank it and then I drank 6 more. I then went to my car and cried. I had thrown away over 5 yrs and I tell you what, ever since then I have struggled to get sober again.

I have almost a year now.

Moral of story, be careful around alcohol...next time you might not feel as strong.

Lily