Notices

I feel great!!!!

Old 12-07-2011, 05:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel great!!!!

Thank you SR!!! You were there with me through my withdrawal. I made it out. I am sleeping comfortably now. All withdrawal symptoms are gone. I am upbeat, feel energized, and have NO craving for alcohol.... Today is only day #10. I know it is still early days. But for me 10 days without alcohol is like a lifetime.

Sorry for not posting for the last couple days. I am a musician, and this time of the year is extremely busy for me. This time of the year is also extremely dangerous for me too. My friends are already questioning my decision not to drink during this "festive" time. The one situation that I am concerned about, is that I will have to look for a new circle of friends. Most people believe that I do not have a problem. And the rest are trying hard for me to have a drink with them. I have been holding strong thus far. I feel good, and I feel confident (not over-confident) that I could do this. Although there were moments of temptation, I am enjoying sobriety thus far.

Thanks guys. Look foward to meeting tonight!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 05:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

It's great to hear you're doing well, ovrock! Congrats on 10!

Music, friends, holidays...... don't let any of it tell you that you can't do this! I went through some moodiness around Christmas last year (my first being sober), thought I'm not sure it was related to alcohol. There was a lot of "festivity" but I enjoyed it far more than when I was thinking about when I could have my next drink.

I've always had huge admiration and respect for musicians who don't use/drink. It's a badge of honor, really, so wear it proudly!!
Old 12-07-2011, 06:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Good job

Congratulations on 10 days. Before you know it, 100 days, then 1000 days.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job! Keep it up