Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

December 7 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 12-06-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

December 7 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

These words, long thought to have been dated 1692 and found, so the legend goes, in a Baltimore churchyard, were actually the inspiring work of a modern Terre Haute, Indiana poet named Max Ehrmann, and dated 1927. Its apt title: Desiderata.

“Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they, too, have their story.”

TODAY’S REMINDER

Like our Serenity Prayer, repeating these phrases each morning could establish our mood for that day – and make the day a good one. It could serve as a reminder that we must watch the quality of our own deportment, and as we learn in Al-Anon, everything depends on that!

“I will not let my inner peace be disturbed by the confusions around me. I will be gentle and tolerant, while maintaining my right to my individuality. I will listen and appreciate, and not judge the source of what I hear.”