A Straight & Awesome Read!

Old 12-06-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Straight & Awesome Read!

I have read this a few times and it is such a relief to see the addictive/relationship process described so clearly...

Addiction, Lies and Relationships
Old 12-06-2011, 05:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I have read this B/4, and I always appreciate a repost.

The sad part of all of this is that we codies really, really want to believe all the lies...over and over again...I know that I did...I now realize that I was sicker than the addict. Now, that is a liar at it's finest, me, lieing to myself, day in and day out....until I found recovery...from codependency...then the lies all stopped...I had to face the truth, we were both lieing to each other and ourselves. How sick is that?

Thank you for the reminder.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yes, I really relate to the "personal exceptionalism" that they describe. I just had the hardest time accepting that this beautiful man and I would not be able to be together because of crack! I was too smart...too spiritual...too immersed in recovery...too much in love...love would solve all...I could love better than anyone else in his life...I could help him more...I could make this thing happen...we would not succumb to the demise of this amazing and perfect love...we were soul mates...we had serendipity...ON & ON.

I just simply could not believe that he would not "get it"
I couldn't "get it" that he wasn't "getting it"
denial
thank god for community, for support, for accountability...to break through my own denial.