Notices

Drink and Dial

Old 12-05-2011, 11:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drink and Dial

Care to share your most humiliating drunk dial?? Mine happened at work, I called the president of the company to tell him I had this great idea..bla bla..and that he should make me the branch manager. I still work there, believe it or not..lol..
Old 12-06-2011, 12:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

prank phone calls to people i know.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Drunk Facebooking and emails were my Achilles's heel! I still have some of the emails, and cringe with horror reading them. My face heats up with embarrassment even thinking about that crap, but it keeps in focus what alcohol was doing to me and my life.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Not necessary drinking and dialing, call it drinking and texting, close. Got loaded, ordered a slot machine for my wife on ebay. Get a call from the guys at the loading dock from work saying I had this huge crate delivered about a week later.

Sort of remembered ordering it - just shook my head in disgust when I saw it.

After that, no phone calls, no posting online, no emails, no texts.

Still have the slot machine though.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had to get off facebook, because of my drunken posts, and my family called me out on it, which they should have, but I had to get off of it. Some of the emails I sent.....oh man... naked pictures to guys I had just met....WTH. I had met a nice man, but got drunk this weekend, back to trying to be sober. 2 days now, but on the weekend drunk...., I sent him an email that I didn't believe he could like me with all my flaws and that I was sorry for leading him on and I hope he was sorry for leading me on, and told him I didn't want to see him again. I just about died when I woke up and read the email I sent and his reply that he didn't want anything more to do with me. So now I am heartbroken, but still trying to stay sober. I taped a big note on my laptop saying "DO NOT USE WHEN DRUNK"..... Alone again...."thy will be done"....
Old 12-06-2011, 11:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I used to drunk dial this one boy I liked who didn't like me back...lol
Old 12-06-2011, 12:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

Mine were mostly to ex's which was a terrific idea (sarcasm). Even during my blackouts I knew enough to delete all my sent and received texts and my entire call log. Unfortunately facebook was still there for me to see in the morning.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think the worst thing I ever did (and this happened more than once) was look up my boyfriend's exes on facebook and sent them long, rambling messages about how ugly and pathetic they are. insecurity + alcohol + facebook=bad news!
Old 12-06-2011, 01:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My most recent is calling for the first time some girl who had given me her number through one of the internet dating sites. Apperently I tried calling her after a little too much liquid courage. I called her again the next day not remembering the conversation from the night before. She informed me that I slurred my way through an odd conversation about chicken wing sauce and the number 5. Our relationship ended with that.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RV GTO View Post
Not necessary drinking and dialing, call it drinking and texting, close. Got loaded, ordered a slot machine for my wife on ebay. Get a call from the guys at the loading dock from work saying I had this huge crate delivered about a week later.

Sort of remembered ordering it - just shook my head in disgust when I saw it.

After that, no phone calls, no posting online, no emails, no texts.

Still have the slot machine though.
Ditto, I once ordered a fruit machine drunk for my girlfriend. Went back on ebay a few days later, oops.

Once ordered a white baby grand piano from ebay too, kept that one though
Old 12-06-2011, 02:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FirstDay83 View Post
Ditto, I once ordered a fruit machine drunk for my girlfriend. Went back on ebay a few days later, oops.

Once ordered a white baby grand piano from ebay too, kept that one though
I take it you do know how to play the piano?
Old 12-06-2011, 05:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My best drunk dial was probably a few months ago when I thought it was a great idea to call a guy I was seeing at well past 10 at night (he was not an up late kind of guy). (My friend and I were both drunk and dialing/texting) I apparently left a rambling voice mail. I got a call the next morning from him and he said I had called the night before and left a message asking me to call him. I said that I had not called him. He made some comment about how it must have been an old message (yeah, right) and we hung up. I was with a friend at a bagle shop when he called and got this sudden sick feeling after we talked and looked at my phone record. Sure enough, I had called him and left quite a LONG voice mail. Geez, are you kidding me?! I told my friend and said I have to call him back and own up to it. So, I did and it was so embarassing and humiliating both to admit that I didn't have any recollection of calling him. Well, believe it or not, I did see him again after that and we sort of had a laugh over it (at least at that point I thought it was sort of hysterical). I'm sure glad I don't do stupid
sh-t like that anymore. Oy ve.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

My best? Oh wow. I don't know if any were ever good. Craze mentioned not remembering the conversation and that is me in a nutshell. I tried to play it off as if I did recall everything that was said but never did I talk about chicken wings and sauce, LOLOL.

I have only posted on facebook drunk, once, and the next morning, when I looked at what I had done, I instantly removed it. I will say that I have invented my own language and tried speaking it to someone though. Ohhhhh boy!
Old 12-06-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I don't think posting humiliating things that happened while drunk is going to help on a sobriety forum. What has happened in the past is done and over with, we're living in the "now" and we're all very thankful of our sobriety. Talking about humiliation is just bringing up bad memories. Why bring up bad memories when you're doing something so very positive for yourself by dropping the bottle?

my $0.02
Old 12-06-2011, 06:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Originally Posted by Gerbosko View Post
I don't think posting humiliating things that happened while drunk is going to help on a sobriety forum. What has happened in the past is done and over with, we're living in the "now" and we're all very thankful of our sobriety. Talking about humiliation is just bringing up bad memories. Why bring up bad memories when you're doing something so very positive for yourself by dropping the bottle?

my $0.02
I agree... I prefer to focus on the positives.

I don't ever have to worry about drunk dialing anyone ever again.

Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that I won't say stupid stuff that I will later regret occasionally.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think people know what I think about these kinds of threads LOL....

I don't need to be reminded of the past...my focus is squarely on today.

but others here, particularly newcomers, definitely seem to find them useful...
so unless I see a particular reason to wade in, I move on... :

D
Old 12-07-2011, 03:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I am a newcomer and personally, it helps remind me of one of the MANY reasons that I'm glad I don't drink anymore.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:58 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

I agree. 4 months into sobriety (today), I'm far away enough from drinking to conveniently forget the stupid stuff I've done. But, then something someone says reminds me and affirms my reasons for quitting. It helps. I am reminded here of way too many drunk dials/texts/facebooks to even mention, spanning back over two decades. I don't rue the past, and look forward to future. But if I don't remember the past, I fear I might re-live it.

I can't say my worst...they were all bad, and affected friendships, exes, job relations, and, most of all, they plummeted my self-respect.

The worst part? As bad as they were, I can also still remember the deluded feeling of grandiosity as I opined and philosophised about my theories that would save the world. It was like I was in a zone, streaming consciousness and spouting wisdom. Oh, what a fool.