Notices

Anyone else notice sleep better quickly?

Old 12-02-2011, 10:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LSZ

Anyone else notice sleep better quickly?

My drinking daily habit always has me up many times duringthe night. I have found that everytime I stop entirely, somewhere around day 5 or 6 I start to sleep deeply and through the night more fully. That has to be good.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes, the same thing happened to me. It made me realize just how poorly I had been sleeping. Even though I never got up or woke up in the night, I wasn't getting proper rest.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Totally, I sleep great now
Old 12-02-2011, 11:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I used to wake up around 2AM every night and not be able to go back to sleep. I would get up, walk around, watch TV, surf the net, etc... until I finally would tire myself out again and go back to sleep. Since the first week or two of sobriety, I do wake up, but not as much and I can fall right back to sleep. Its a great thing!
Old 12-02-2011, 11:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, I have been sleeping so much better. I have a sleep disorder that has been greatly reduced since I stopped drinking. I am actually tired at "normal" hours and have been getting into a better sleep schedule-- going to bed earlier and getting up earlier (trying to be true to a more authentic circadian rhythm), and I usually wake up feeling much more rested and refreshed. There have been a couple days where I've felt super tired, almost hungover-- droppy, red eyes and a zombie feeling and tired muscles etc.-- but I think that may be from the adjustment of coping with so much change and I'm sure my body has to work hard to detox from alcohol. I feel more tired during the day, like life is more hard work ha ha, but then I sleep well at night usually, so, for now I am enjoying the trad-off and letting my body do its thing!
Old 12-02-2011, 11:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yep I sleep better. I actually thought I would sleep worse, not being able to drink myself to "sleep". I guess sleeping and passing out aren't the same thing.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
LSZ

It is huge for me. Big difference. I guess this is a serious positive to look forward to. Can actually look forward to a good night's rest, and if I choose to drink I can associate that with pretty much saying I'm gonna be hung over tomorrow and not have got a good night sleep.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hmm...For me it's gotten worse. :-/ Been waking up 3 or 4 times in the night. Nightmares.