Notices

ADD Stimulant Addiction QUESTION

Old 12-01-2011, 11:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ADD Stimulant Addiction QUESTION

Please help. I am currently an ADD Stimulant addict. I am a 22 year old college student. Two years ago I started seeing a psychiatrist for depression & social anxiety and focus issues. I was prescribed both Prozac & Ritalin. Six
Months later I started having horrible cardiac side effects from the Ritalin. I was then put on Strattera but couldnt take the first week of it due to low blood pressure & feelings of faint. Then I was put on Adderall and all was well for about six month. My prescription switched from taking it as needed to taking it daily. All of a sudden I had terrible cardiac side effects again. I lost the euphoric/ high feeling and started taking more than I should.
I am now on Vyvanse & I am taking more than prescribed with this as well. All was well on the Vyvanse untill day 3. I noticed that it is very unpredictable. And that is what causes me to constantly recreationally tweak. I was giving a betablocker & xanax to take as needed to help with uncomfortable racing heart. I am also a cigarette smoker.

My question is: I want OFF of Vyvanse, the betablocker & cigarettes. Is it safe to stop all at once? I know my body is not dependent on the Vyvanse because Ive taken breaks before. But the betablocker & cigs is this safe? Do i need detox maybe? Or see a cardiologist for advice?

Vyvanse 30mg
Prozac 40mg
Xanax .25mg
Beta Blocker Propranolol 10mg
Cigs american spirit mellow

Some nights if i smoke and take my xanax and beta blocker my face gets warms and i hve severe heart palps n chest pains
Old 12-02-2011, 02:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

One suggestion...

My suggestion...call your doctor right away in the morning. Find out what he/she wants you to do. The heart is not something you want to mess with. Please, please, please. Hope you are able to get this resolved. It sounds very uncomfortable.