Notices

Recent Injury and Narcotic Challege

Old 12-01-2011, 09:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Recent Injury and Narcotic Challege

After close a full year of being clean from opiates, for the first time in many years; on November 2nd, I took a tumble down the basement stairs and broke my ankle. Had to have surgery and was prescribed Percodan. I only took a few during the worst days post-surgery and tossed the rest. Now on to recovery.
I admit I was scared after a long history of use and abuse of various pills, but did my best to follow what so many of you shared about being sure I only used the pills when absolutely necessary and only as directed.
Have not had a chance to post much lately, but still read and appreciate all SR friends who share their stories. I don't think I could have successfully made it though November with these challenges without the support this site offers. SR rocks!
Old 12-01-2011, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FT

Hi there!

I was wondering where you went! I'm so sorry to hear of your injury, but SO proud of you for handling the aftermath well.

You've been missed around here. I wish you great success in your recovery. I would NOT count the Percodan as any kind of "relapse". Your situation is exactly the challenge I know will come my way some day, since my fake knees will need a "tuneup" in about 10 years, or so I'm told.

Great job!

FT