Notices

Ultram/Tramadol Good bye (???)

Old 11-29-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ultram/Tramadol Good bye (???)

I have been on tramadol for about 3 years now. I initially received the medication for chronic pain but quickly learned that they made me feel like superwoman. But I needed more and more to get that feeling. For the past few months I have been getting a prescription from my primary and my pain dr. Since they are non-narcotic, I justified it.

My primary would not refill my prescription yesterday (as I am going through WD from my other prescription). I know it is time to say goodbye to these forever but I also know i have one more prescription sitting at the pharmacy in two weeks.

I have been in bed for three days (typical withdrawal). Help, anyone else going through this?
Old 11-29-2011, 09:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((pink))) - Welcome to SR!!

Though I've not personally gone through Tramadol withdrawals, I know of several people here who did..and a few had seizures, either from taking too much or coming off of them. Maybe call your doctor, admit you've been abusing them, and see what they say? There are a lot of people here who have gone through withdrawals of various things. This can be your last time to go through this.

Recovery isn't easy, but it's so worth it. I've abused several things, over the years, and finally got sick of some substance controlling my life.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-30-2011, 11:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((pink)) Congrats on getting off tramadol. Call the pharmacist and tell him you are addicted and can not take tramadol. Too much temptation having a script waiting to be filled. Get honest with your doc, pharmacist, and any health care professionals you see. Do this when you are strong and determined or it is hard to do. Learned this the hard way and I paid dearly.