OT Plastic surgery

Old 11-28-2011, 09:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

OT Plastic surgery

After thinking long and hard I decided to get rid of a deep rooted complex and get plastic surgery. Wednesday 8 AM CDT I will be arriving to the hospital. Everything is arranged. I will be staying 5 days or more at a friendīs house (she is a doctor).

It is difficult to talk about this with close ones, as I would like to avoid gossip and stigma.

I had mentioned this to my mom who does not approve at all. But she does not approve of Lasik surgery either. My sister/dad are the same way, catastrophic, always expecting the very worse to happen.

I have talked this with friends and it was a surprise to me that most have had plastic surgery already or are planning to, and talk about it as if it was not a great deal.

I guess my anxiety comes from "losing control" and not knowing what to expect regarding anesthesia. OMG I have seen too many Dr House episodes.

Then I think "what if I am the 1 out of WhoKnowsHowMany that donīt wake up?"

Its a certified surgeon and a certified hospital and everything but OMG I am getting scared.

Thanks for letting me vent here about off topic stuff. Most certainly I can't go "nervous about my plastic surgery" in Facebook.

PS
I am paying tomorrow, to me that would be the part that hurts the most...

PPS
Today I talked to the surgeon and I got teary thinking I will be able to wear a swimsuit more or less comfortably some time in the future for the first time in 30 years. Finally, stop hiding.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think it's great that you are doing this for YOU.

My AH's best friend is an anesthesiologist (NOT his drinking buddy though....don't want to scare you!). He says that if you are in decent health and not seriously overweight there is relatively low risk in general anesthesia.

I've had several friends who've had cosmetic procedures and they've fared well. They felt really crappy in the days post-op, though. Have a lot of good movies and popsicles on hand! Enjoy your new bod!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks for the reassurance SoaringSpirits! I have a long checklist for tomorrow and it includes: renting Desperate housewives episodes, because no I havenīt watched the last seasons yet...

Your post helped. Thank you.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks jds! yes I just want to wake up, tell my friend "a blueberry shake with soy milk, please" and watch comedy for a few days.... LOL
Old 11-29-2011, 01:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi girl,
first I want to say: I saw your pic on SR and you are beautiful!!!
(but even if I never saw your pic and only read what you write you're still so beautiful!!! )
That being said I also want to say: do whatever you need to do to make you feel better about yourself.
I hate the idea of you (or anyone) not feeling comfortable wearing swimsuit and having a day on the beach spoiled because of it.
I understand your fear, but since you're healthy I don't think there is a reason to worry too much about it.
I'll have you in my thoughts!!!

Keep us posted.
HUGS
Old 11-29-2011, 04:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Good for you! I have had several major surgeries and came through everything just fine, so don't let the anesthesia scare you, you are young and healthy you will be fine.

About 6 months ago I had my eyelids done, for the second time, once at age 47 and now at age 64. Droopy lids run in my family, had to have it done, it was interfering with my vision.
Made a world of difference, not only in my vision, but my self esteem too!

Remain calm and afterwords follow the DRs instructions, keep us posted.

My best...Dolly
Old 11-29-2011, 05:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

wahooooooooooo!!

It's almost time - i'm so so so excited for you!

saying a prayer right now for peace and comfort for you!

as one from the psfm (plastic surgery for ME) club! I wish you the very very best!

remember sometimes that anesthesia can make our bodies a little weepy afterwards (well it does me) so extra high doses of TLC for you!!!

oh and can I be the first to say "You look Mahhhavelous!"

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 12-02-2011, 09:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I am now recovering! thanks for the good vibes !!!! everything went well. Got an appt on Monday but I am feeling good and taking my medicines... hugs xoxo thanks for the support.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

We'll need a pic of you in that bikini.. or you can PM it to me if you're too shy.. LOL!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 12:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good for you, hope your healing progresses on schedule, best of luck.

Bill
Old 12-02-2011, 11:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks friends and thanks Jazzman for the laughs! no pictures yet but when I finally realize my dream to take surfing lessons at Puerto vallarta (4 hours from where I live) I will be showing off here in my show off thread and anywhere else I am allowed to

I still donīt believe the mirror when I see myself... thereīs major swelling going on still but I can already notice the results and I got NO regrets...

Today I was kind of "active" wandering around the house... my friend told me my pain threshold is very high and she couldnīt believe it when I said at some moments I feel totally OK and normal without even a sign of discomfort anywhere... (she got implants and had a really bad time afterwards)... I am on meds of course but I was thinking "one day spent with XABF... was 100 times more painful than major surgery, including when I had to pay for it"

I realized how those kind of experiences makes most other stuff feel like nothing.. or feel manageable at least. The rest of the issues I have encountered in life have some logical solution, there is some progress, and often, there is hope... I can do things and get results..

OMG I am so happy, already planning a beach vacation and shopping for new clothes in a US Outlet like the wannabes here do, fly to LA or somewhere for shopping because as ridiculous as it is, clothes are more expensive here in Mexico...

What I dread is my familyīs reaction because of course I did not inform anyone, they were afraid even when I said I wanted LASIK, they feel everything is catastrophe, and we got bad luck running in the family and we will be the exception that doesnīt get the result everyone else does....... the other day I was looking rather nice, makeup, hair done etc and my mom looked at me with such disapproval. I was not dressing slutty or anything as its not my style I just looked groomed and I could notice how it was difficult for "our relation" if one of us started to get some self esteem and made some efforts to face the day in a good manner. I realized how our relation was dysfunctional but "better" before when I was in the same codie, negative, depressed state... so now if I arrive with the new body I can only imagine...

I am rambling. I will blame it on the painkillers.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Happy healing! If it's not too personal, exactly what did you have done?
Old 12-03-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Mastopexy without implants
Arm lipo
Inner thigh, outer thigh, "love handles", abdominal lipo

All this was possible because the fat was not too much, around 8lbs total...