Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Adult Children of Addicted/Alcoholic Parents
Reload this Page >

The Critical Parents,Addictive Voice,Pain Body,whatever you like to call it.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My way out..........
The Critical Parent does not want to be found out.It will sabatage with confusion and Letal Pain to prevent itself been discovered.

[1]'It can on numerous occasions be an Emotion rather than a voice.

[2]If I listen for the Negative Internal Comments,of Shame,Blame...etc I can be sure its the CP emerging with its letal Negative Comments to Try and put me down.........This is not me,its My Parents or others that had a Bad Influnce on me in the past.

[3]The Critical Voice can also use others close to me to try and convence me its real..... I watch for it with my guards up,Bounderies etc,and I respond to it Calmly.

[4]I have become so comfortibely familure with its Promptings that I really think its the real me....no its not....Its the accumilation of pain storred up by the Inner Child,who needs re assurence by the authentic Me........he will have his say,if not today....Soon.

[5]The CP is holding the Inner Child to ransome....continuing to keep him silenced.The CP fears death,it fears been found out.If it is found out it will never have the hold on me that it has had for so long.

[6I can see it.......when I look for it and its strength is deminishing .

[7] It is a very dangerous Creation this,CP.It would rather Kill my Body and mind rather than be found out..........it thinks it will live forever in eternity....
Its just Smoke,it has no existance atal except what it thinks it has created itself.

[8]Convencing it to believe in this truth is the one thing that the loving parent,the true me has as its shield of Armour.This attitude will convence it that its PERSISTANCE is futile.

[9]I will Re Parent myself with Gentleness,Humour,Love and respect,which will help the Authentic Me...the IC to emerge.Fervent Prayer for Protection and Assistance to HP/God is my Inner Childs Right to Passage...........into the real World.

[10]I am compelled to share this with others so you to can gain clarity in how to Emerge into the Moment...........Awareness,and most of all PEACE.
God Bless you....MC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 11-28-2011, 03:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanx for sharing that, Micealc. Very concise, very direct, and also very positive and hopeful.

Mike
Old 12-01-2011, 06:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The critical parent does not want to be found out.

I see this parent and aunts & uncles as well. I personally see alot of arrogance and pretentiousness. They really don't want to hear it. They know it all and let you think you don't know anything.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's a great piece -- thanks!

My sponsor puts it this way: "The Critical Parent wants you dead."

T