Notices

31 Days

Old 11-28-2011, 10:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

31 Days

And oh you guys, this moodiness is killing me!! Seriously folks I have been going into little temper tantrums for little to no reason and also have felt extremely restless and bored. I know getting out of the house more would help but I’ve been pretty busy with working full time and taking care of my husband, the critters and the house. My energy level seems to be extremely low, irritation level extremely high! Anyone else experienced this at a month sober, and if so what has helped you deal with it?
Old 11-28-2011, 10:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

AA meetings helped cause I could speak directly with others going through the same things.

Try writing a journal, it helps.

You can stay stopped!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Let's see I'm at 26 days and I actually had a tantrum this morning. A real 3 year old tantrum. Scared my kids they were very quiet on the drive to school and why you may ask? My 6 year old couldn't find her DS and my son lost another button on his blazer.

Yeah, i'd say you weren't alone. And last night I was posting that I felt lost so my emotions are all over the place. I hope it gets better for both of us. Replies to my post last night said this was kind of "normal" early in recovery. This recovery stuff should come with a map!!

Just stick with it.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you Sugarbear! I have to stay stopped. No way I want to go through THIS again! lol
Old 11-28-2011, 10:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Tigger, what I think is going on here is...I spent so many years escaping life by drinking that I've built up an intolerance for, and a resistance to dealing with, normal, everyday, routine life. And small stressors, such as yours with the kids, can seem completely overwhelming. Yesterday I had an emotional breakdown because I could not find my husband's extra large bandages for his leg. I ranted and raved and bless his heart, he just sat there and laughed at me because my reaction was so over the top. And trust me, it helps to see the humor in it. But I HATE feeling so out of control of my emotions and I hope this passes for both of us soon! I am willing to tough it out because this is way too aggravating to have to go through again.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

You are welcome!

Our disease progresses, if you drink again early recovery is Harder!

If you aren't into AA, you can still call someone, come here, journal, eat complex carbs or hard candy, clean something-being proactive & productive helps a lot!
Old 11-28-2011, 12:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I reached a point like that at around two or three months sober. I was sober but still miserable. What changed my attitude was gratitude. I started practicing gratitude every day. At first it was hard to find anything to be grateful for since my life was such a mess (of my own making) but I kept on looking for things to be grateful for and it became a habit. And now I'm sober and happy. Give gratitude a try.

Congrats on your first month sober!
Old 11-28-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done on your sober time. Stick with it!
Old 11-28-2011, 12:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratualtions WK

you may get something out of this link
PAWS « Digital Dharma

D
Old 11-29-2011, 08:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Keeping in line with Least's suggestion I have to say today I have gratitude that I had the accident. Because if I wouldn't have had it, I don't think I would have 32 days sober today. I think I would still be drinking and thinking I was somehow "special" and immune to consequences. So that is what I am focusing on today. Thank you everyone for your encouragement. Hope you are all having an excellent day today!
Old 12-02-2011, 12:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats on 31 days (: