Ramble

Old 11-26-2011, 09:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ramble

Just posting. I miss my ex but I have so much more peace and joy. I do pray for him every single day and night but yes, I have peace. Not walking on eggshells, feeling better about myself. No more cringing as he'd walk in with a case of beer.

I do miss him sometimes but when I do, I grieve and let it pass. It will keep getting easier. I know I cannot contact him. I am proud that I haven't.

I realize too I like magnified the good things in our relationship and made excuses for him. Thins were never really as good as I tried to make them out to be.

I am definitely healing.

Just had to get it off my chest.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I, too, am finding a lot of clarity in my hindsight. There were a lot of good things about the addict I loved, but there was a lot of "fill in" with fantasy...and faith...and hope. But those things I have found didn't work for him...the good news is they are working for me, and for all of us who make difficult but life affirming choices.

Thank you for the message of healing and moving forward. I, too, feel the bubbles of grief come up...and then they pass and life is good. God bless him, and us.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Life affirming choices...Right On! That's what it comes down too when I'm so underground I don't care 'bout livin no more. Husband is playing rap music and my words start rhyming... goin' clickety clack like a train on the track. Wish I had some peace and quiet too dang it. But I'm glad you are having a better life. Peace.