Today's Thoughs 12/9

Old 12-09-2003, 07:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

Today's Thoughs 12/9

I feel we have picked each other from the crowd as fellow travelers, for neither of us is to the other's personality the end-all and the be-all.
- Joanna Field

It's not mere chance that we gravitate toward those who become our friends. Nor is it only happenstance that we are piqued by others. We are, in fact, on a journey and have much to learn. From our friends and even more so from those not so friendly, we are destined to learn what our souls yearn for. The journey is the process of enlightenment for which we all have gathered. From one another we are receiving that which we're ready to learn. All of us students. Each of us a teacher.

How comforting to know that the pain of a particular experience, or the confusion over a set of circumstances, will become understandable with the passage of time. All experience plays its part. All of our acquaintances share destinies overlapping our own. There is security in knowing that our journeys are necessary and right for us.

I'll not discount the value of any person or any experience that circumstances offer today.

From the book: The Promise of a New Day
by Karen Casey & Martha Vanceburg
Old 12-09-2003, 08:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Petunia,
I love the Thoughts for the Day and this one particularly touched my heart. Thank you for providing this inspiration and guidance. TJ
Old 12-09-2003, 10:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

My Pleasure

TJ,

You are so welcome and thank you for your kind thoughts today. I look at SR as another of my fellowship meetings. Some days this is the only thing that keeps from falling over the edge.

It continues to amaze me, especially on those really difficult days, that my meditations always seem to be the next right thing I need to read/hear.

I wish you a wonderful, warm and serene day.

Petunia