Notices

Ahhhh

Old 11-25-2011, 06:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ahhhh

I'm on day 20 and I've been fine over this Thanksgiving vacation while visiting my sister and friends... even though everyone else was drinking. But tonight everyone is drunk and keeps asking if I want a drink and I *do*. :-/ It's so hard to remember that I really *don't*. This is so hard!!!
Old 11-25-2011, 06:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's how I felt yesterday. I got through it but I had to go hide in the bathroom a few times and post here! . Sux huh? I hope you know we are all going through this here - during the holidays. We all have to stick together!
Old 11-25-2011, 06:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Just don't drink tonight. Do anything else, just do not pick up up.
post, cream, do jumping jacks....anything.
You can do this!
Old 11-25-2011, 07:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I promise you will not regret not drinking tomorrow pigtails
can you get out of there - go to your room, go for a walk, put your ipod on...?

D
Old 11-25-2011, 07:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang in there. It's one night. A couple hours, really. Dee's right—find the nearest distraction. Or just open a door and start walking. It will pass before you know it, and you will be all the stronger and happier for it tomorrow.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Pigtails View Post
I'm on day 20 and I've been fine over this Thanksgiving vacation while visiting my sister and friends... even though everyone else was drinking. But tonight everyone is drunk and keeps asking if I want a drink and I *do*. :-/ It's so hard to remember that I really *don't*. This is so hard!!!
The struggles are a welcome positive proof that you care enough about yourself to keep sober for another day. Your struggles define the existence of your deeper courage and the wonderful steadfastness of your integrity.

When we are tempted with drinking, and we refuse to pick up, we create the very reality that embraces and nourishes the sobriety that we are desperately seeking. Sometimes we can forget that in our struggles we are already winners. The very act of struggling moves us past the failure of drinking.

It may seem weird, and it may seem hard, wanting to both drink and not drink one moment to the next and I can promise you that eventually these struggles pass and sobriety wins the day.

Surrender to the experience of the contradictions. Surrender to the wholeness of being pulled from all sides. Surrender to accepting that the inner struggle is the *reality* and within yourself will be found the way forward to not only endure and suffer short term, but will be found the way forward to thrive, and not unlike the Phoenix, you'll rise up reborn with a victorious new life to live.

Surrender to the truth of if you can have 20 days you can have 21. Surrender to the truth that alcoholism can be overcome one day at a time.

Within your present hardships deeply and honestly experienced are being set the real foundations of your victory over alcoholism. Your happiness is just around the corner...
Old 11-25-2011, 08:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yo hi Pigtails - I totally get it - that must be so hard. Can you get away? Turn on a good movie? are there kids to talk to? Anything to get you away from that scene? Maybe look at it like why are they trying to get you to drink? Their own drinking issues? Try t o analyze it. That helps me sometimes.

Please be strong - you CAN do this - the last few days have been hard for you but you can do it.

Watching for your posts. Take care
T
Old 11-25-2011, 08:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. We are playing a game and I am having fun without drinking. I don't evn want to drink now!
Old 11-25-2011, 09:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Re-Member

There ya go Pigtails! Just remember to keep posting. Later you can go back and read them all when you have a year or two and will be amazed at what you went through and how you made it. It is like seeing my child grow before my eyes except it was me just last year! Just writing a diary helps, and it is a science fiction fantasy come true that we can have our journals and people to comment and read them and help us through from all over the world! I always enjoy your posts, even when I worry for you.