Being thankful now.

Old 11-24-2011, 04:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Being thankful now.

Since it is the holiday for giving thanks I wanted to make my list:

I have a real life, with real friends, my children, and freedom from worry!

At dinner tonight - my first Thanksgiving with family and friends I made this year. I went from not knowing if I was going to spend the day alone like last year - to a crowded table of caring people.

I have quiet nights now... holidays that are peaceful...plans that actually happen now... I am busy talking to people who care... I go out with people who actually have fun... I can sleep at night and know the next day will be the same. No more arguments with anyone... I can do what I want when I feel like it or not.

It may have been a difficulty year in many respects but I am glad to be at this place I am at now.

If you are reading and would like to post what you are thankful for this year please let me know.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So glad for you Kassie.

I am thankful everyday that I survived a very bad car accident 4 1/2 years ago.

I honestly thought the day of the wreck that I would never get to see my wife and kids again, no more hugs, or I love you's, or birthdays or holidays.

I know that God allowed me to live for a reason, I just don't know what it is yet, I do know that I will not take one day for granted.

I hope all my friends here remember there is a purpose in their life, there will always be trials and pain, but if you look for the good then you will find it.

Bless you all,

Bill
Old 11-24-2011, 10:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Originally Posted by Kassie2 View Post
It may have been a difficulty year in many respects but I am glad to be at this place I am at now.
Because my 'thanks' button only lets me apply one thanks per post,

Thank You for Sharing Your Journey!
Old 11-25-2011, 08:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am thankful for many things in my life, but on this holiday, it is amazingly the journey I have had these last few years. I guess I am reaching the place where I can look back and see all the lessons learned and how much it has benefited me, instead of looking back and thinking of it all as being a big waste of my time.

I am a better person today for the life experiences I have had, and that is awesome!
Old 11-25-2011, 11:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Today (and especially yesterday when I was hiding in a darkened bedroom on day 12 of a migraine run), I am thankful for:
  • My lovely and loving daughter
  • My supportive parents
  • The tools of my recovery, which keep me from wallowing in self-pity, drowning in needless drama, and remind me of what I have
  • The knowledge that HP's got my back...wouldn't trade that for anything.