Notices

Slid back

Old 11-23-2011, 01:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Slid back

I've been sober for years and I've now found myself addicted to tramadol and hydrocodone. It started after having major surgery and getting morphine and the prescription pain killers to take home. I'm currently taking 10-15 pills a day. I'm stuck by getting over myself to admit I have a problem again and not wanting anyone to find out. It seems stupid, but I don't feel like I can turn to "safe/sober" friends for fear of disappointment and loss of respect.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
You Have To Do It For Yourself

Originally Posted by seneca6 View Post
I've been sober for years and I've now found myself addicted to tramadol and hydrocodone. It started after having major surgery and getting morphine and the prescription pain killers to take home. I'm currently taking 10-15 pills a day. I'm stuck by getting over myself to admit I have a problem again and not wanting anyone to find out. It seems stupid, but I don't feel like I can turn to "safe/sober" friends for fear of disappointment and loss of respect.
seneca6, we are all addicts here. There's no judgement. Your friends here are here to support you not judge. The only disappointment and loss of respect you need concern yourself with is with yourself, but I don't feel you should feel that way.

I can't even count how many times I relapsed. We're addicts, that's what we do. When I decided to get clean (seriously decided) it still took me 5 year's to get clean. Don't be so hard on yourself, but get some help please if you want to get clean again. Good Luck
Old 11-24-2011, 09:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Seneca))) - Welcome to SR! I totally understand the feeling of not wanting to let someone down by admitting we have a problem..again. However, that fear kept me using for a long time.

SR is full of people who "get it", and has been a big part of my recovery. Being able to be open on here, has helped me be honest with the people that care about me, but it didn't happen all at once.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy