Notices

Plan to stay sober

Old 11-23-2011, 12:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Plan to stay sober

I need to come up with a plan to stay sober. Any ideas?
Old 11-23-2011, 01:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There are some links on this thread that will help you choose a program of recovery.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html
Old 11-23-2011, 01:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Take a look at your other threads Seared - there's been a few suggestions already

some people do recovery groups like AA or SMART, so follow methods like Rational Recovery, some see counsellors or their Dr, others go to inpatient or outpatient rehab...

TinMan's given you a link to some of the main players:

I really plugged myself in here, I think you'd do worse than to do the same - read around....if you find someone who 'has what you want' you can ask them their method....

the important thing is you need to check it out - we can suggest stuff but in the end it'd up to you - you need to be the one not drinking...then decide of a support structure that will keep you that way.....it has to be something that you'll follow through with, and makes sense to you.

D
Old 11-23-2011, 01:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Pretend that alcohol (or your drug of choice) is a man-eating shark and stay the hell away from it.

Tell yourself 100 times every day how much you hate drinking/drugging and how disgusting it is, and how you would rather drink battery acid than ever drink alcohol again. (I did have that thought a few days ago when I saw a beer and a car battery next to each other, lol)

Visualize yourself drinking your favorite drink, and then visualize in just as much detail (you can even add extra gross details!! woo!) what it's like to barf it up later, or wake up with a hangover.

Seriously, I think that understanding how dangerous it is for an alcoholic to drink and the willingness to take your problem seriously is the beginning of a good defense. What are your ideas so far?