Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

November 19 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 11-20-2011, 09:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

November 19 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

Told by a member at an Al-Anon meeting:

“During my first year in Al-Anon, I concentrated on changing my attitude toward the alcoholic. I learned to sidestep quarrels; I controlled my impulse to complain and scold. I worked hard on getting rid of my resentments. As our relationship improved and he was in AA, I had less reason to feel sorry for myself. I thought I was working the program.

“But all was not well in the home. There was a constant undercurrent of minor irritations. I had gone overboard trying to distract my mind from concentrating on the alcoholic problem. Golf, bowling, bridge, reading and socializing didn’t leave me enough time and thought for my children; my house was never in order; meals were a bother. I wasn’t doing my job!”

TODAY’S REMINDER

“Suddenly, I awoke to the fact that Al-Anon asks a lot more of us than just to cope with the problem of alcoholism. We need to apply it to all departments of living – and in order of their importance!”

“I pray to remember to attend to first things first.”
Old 11-21-2011, 10:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi i just joined yesterday and i'd like to know more about AL-ANON can someone please direct me to the right forums or chat rooms...