Notices

3 weeks

Old 11-20-2011, 06:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 weeks

Today is 3 weeks and I must say I am feeling great! It actually feels much longer than that but in a good way...I have become quickly accustomed to living daily life without alcohol and feel so grateful that something inside me has changed for the better. My commitment to this new lifestyle is strong and I enjoy all aspects of life more, even social ones. Obviously I am not hanging around in bars (that wasn't my thing anyway) but I am enjoying exercise, coffee and movies with friends. Sober conversations beat out a drunken black out one any day. My friends and family don't feel I ever had a problem with alcohol and still ask me if I'd like a drink when I see them. They just didn't ever see me behind closed doors...I was an isolator. But anyway, my will is strong and when I turn it down, nobody pushes me. I feel clear headed, getting back on track to achieve my goals and really seeing certain people and situations as they ARE rather than thru my previous haze of what I WANTED them to be. Just awesome. The support I have had thru this forum has helped me immensely and I wanted to thank everyone and wish you a happy and sober Sunday <3
Old 11-20-2011, 06:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good for you on your three weeks sober!! Feels good to feel good again, doesn't it?
Old 11-20-2011, 07:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Non-Zoroastrian

Awesome! Creeping on 4 weeks myself... probably had the first kind of "down" day yesterday, not sure why, no energy at all but I'm hoping this is the exception, not the rule as I feel much better today! Good job on 3 weeks, it's quite a change, isn't it???
Old 11-20-2011, 10:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations! You are negotiating the mine field of the first month, and it sounds like you are doing great! Thanks for the positive post.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on three weeks sober quitforme

D
Old 11-20-2011, 01:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's great. I am on day 15 and am also feeling quite well. I really enjoy getting into bed clean and sober in the evening. In the past 15 days I have been out to dinner, to a charity benefit with open bar, a family birthday party and have not been tempted nor missed alcohol at all.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Keep up the good work

Congratulations, next 3 months, then 3 years. Keep goin, you can do it.
69 days crack free for me, have a great day.