Notices

looking for help

Old 11-19-2011, 01:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

looking for help

hi my name is brandon i would consider myself a alcoholic/addict for many years now... i never really thought i needed help until recently. wednesday night i accidently overdosed and woke up in the hospital. i do not remember much, but they say i almost died. i am currently looking for information on inpatient rehabilitation centers, i have no insurance and no money so it is feeling hopeless to find the help i am seeking....
Old 11-19-2011, 01:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Welcome to SR!

I don't know myself, but I have heard others on here talk about the fact that the salvation army offers free rehab. Might be worth checking out.

Otherwise you can always see if you can get the state to pay for it. If you have no assets and no money you might have some luck... not sure how it works in your state but you have to take a chemical health assessment here and they'll get you in if you qualify.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
instant

Brandon I am glad you survived. Finding a way forward in your local area should not be too difficult. If in doubt try AA, a community help centre, hospital, or the salvation army.

keep posting
Old 11-19-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi bcoats

Welcome to SR

the Salvation Army do offer a free rehabilitation service in many parts of the US - check it out.
The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center: Rehabilitation Program

There's also this database - enter your location and you'll get information on rehabs in your local area - you never know some may have sliding scale fees etc

Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator

D
Old 11-19-2011, 02:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Brandon

I hope you find the help you need to get into a program.

Wishing you well
CaiHong
Old 11-19-2011, 03:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Brandon,

I am very grateful you made it through Wednesday night. Major wake up call. I hope that you find the help that you need. It sounds like things are getting serious now. Take care.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i appreciate the links, things are very serious for me and things are alot worse than stated above. i just hope i can find the help i know i need.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

bcoats...heres some info....

The below paragraph is copied from a Clinic in Eugene.
Their # is 800-422-7559.... I already called it. They are there and can help..or refer you.

"Infoline is a comprehensive information and referral resource concerning human services in Lane County available to all, with a focus on assistance to people with low incomes or special needs. Phone and walk-in assistance is available. Adjunct services include message and mail drop services for homeless people, and screening for eye clinic/eyeglasses. White Bird Info-Line, in conjunction with a number of other Lane County agencies, has a new and improved version of The Lane on-line."

Also...Salvation Army # is...503-235-4192

or...AA # is...541-342-4133
Old 11-19-2011, 04:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome brandon -

Sorry to hear what you went through..... glad you're here though! If you spend some time reading here, you'll find that a lot of people have been pretty far down and turned things around, and you can too.

I went to a state-sponsored treatment center and they worked with me by coming up with a payment plan that I could afford. I recommend calling and speaking directly to someone, because they don't always advertise that option.

We're here to support you, so let us know how it goes.....:ghug3