Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

November 18 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 11-17-2011, 11:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

November 18 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

As a member of Al-Anon, I am part of a group which is part of a fellowship of thousands of such groups, encircling the world. One cannot even imagine the many kinds of people who join al-Anon for the same purpose as I did: to learn a better way of life despite the difficulties of living with an alcoholic. Their social units and customs are different from mine; the spirit that motivates us is all the same. This holds us together as one united fellowship wherever in the world we may be.

TODAY’S REMINDER

In one sense, I have an obligation t members of every group, not only my own. That duty is to observe and preserve Al-Anon’s principles and Traditions. The principles, for the individual, are stated in the Twelve Steps, important to all Al-Anon, and to me personally, to know both the Steps and the Traditions and protect them from distortion and dilution, I will read them and try to apply them in both personal and group matters.

“Tradition One: ‘Our common welfare should come first; personal progress for the greatest number depends upon unity.”