Notices

Vivitrol

Old 11-17-2011, 12:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Vivitrol

Hi. I decided I needed to quite the drink. Will power takes me only so far so I went to an "addiction" MD who wants to start once a month Vivitrol Injections?
Q: Has anyone has good results with this med? Please share any side effects successes and overall experience etc...I hope I am still able to run everyday. Please share. I need this. I am a binge drinker. Where a few week go by clean and then WHAMO-I do a couple days of pounding beer to make up for lost time and do damage patrol until the next session...gotta stop.......family depends on me..THANK YOU
Old 11-17-2011, 12:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was on it for about 7 months and honestly I didn't notice much of a difference with the medication. I still drank when I was on it and I still thought about drinking when I wasn't drinking.
I had one injection that got really irrated ant the site and I broke out in an infect and the site was swollen to about 5 times it's normal size. I was on vaction and didn't have it looked at till I got home. I was lucky I did.. it was going to poision me soon after I went to the doctor.

Anyway, I know this medication works for some people. It just didn't work for me.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no experience with Naltrexone, but welcome to SR itstheone

D
Old 11-17-2011, 07:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

WOW....it's hard to believe with such an infliction that only ONE person with experience with this drug has responded on this site? What gives......will power? That's it? share!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is a big site - sometimes it takes more than 8 hours, especially if you have a specific question like yours.

try not to take the lack of response personally itstheone.

You might want to google around for other forums that deal with naltrexone specifically if you want answers immediately....

D
Old 11-17-2011, 08:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee......I agree.