Notices

Howdy everyone

Old 11-17-2011, 11:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Howdy everyone

Just wanted to give a hello to everyone. I've been reading this site for a while and it's comforting to know that I can relate to other people on here concerning their battles and successes with addiction.

I started drinking around four years ago, which turned into an every day thing. The worst period was when I woke up each morning and did 2/3 shots of vodka before going to school/work.

Around two years ago I got a DUI and that changed my habits. I never went back to the lifestyle of drinking/driving but that still didn't stop my unhealthy habits. I then went into a lifestyle of binge drinking when ever I had the chance. Even if I only drank two nights a week, I could guarantee you that those two nights would be me getting close to black out drunk or even blackout.

Around the last six months I've managed to control it to only binging maybe one night a week but that still has had bad consequences. One recent episode involved me being let out of the car by my DD and going into some random persons house (i live in apartments and they all look the same.) I said I was sorry as they looked at me in shock as I stumbled out and thankfully found my place.

I'm an actor and so my lifestyle involves many social gatherings whether at clubs, bars or parties and many of my friends have problems similar to mine. I'm also gay and unfortunately that lifestyle tends to lend its self to having drinking all the time be normal with many in the gay community. Thankfully I've managed to get a good enough grip on myself to be able to go to bars, clubs etc and not drink. The only issue I have now is that ever so often I get a wild hair up my ass so to speak and just go binge drinking crazy.

Everyone here has inspired me and I'm getting back on the wagon, this is my fifth day of being sober. The longest I've made it before was 12. Thanks so much for the help everyone and here's looking at a sober future for myself.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Came to Believe

Welcome Cydonia.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Cydonia!! Congratulations on day 5. You'll find lots of support here.

Best Wishes To You!
Old 11-17-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard Cydonia

D
Old 11-17-2011, 12:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello, and welcome!

5 days is great! I hope you find support here, and post as often as you need to.

Nice to meet you, and best to you.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. Glad you joined us.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks
Old 11-17-2011, 10:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great job on 5 days!