Notices

Woke up and it's day 6

Old 11-17-2011, 06:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Woke up and it's day 6

I have to say I am feeling okay today. Yesterday NO. But today YES. Too good infact. I feel like i feel soooooo good, I need to have nice drink. I can just picture myself watching my shows tonight with a bottle of red or something.

SO, I am going to get that bottle of red. With the alcohol removed. I found a wine store that sells this stuff called Fre. I am going to try it out.

I can already physically feel some changes and i like that. Mentally, i still feel like a train wreck. Nervous, anxious, anxiety ridden, tooo much thinking of stupid things that make no sense. I smile on the outside, however, noone knows at work, what I am going through and how hard it is to just sit here...thinking about taking one more drink. And how I won't do it. and the battle that goes on and on.

Okay, thats me spewing out for the day. Talk to you all later tonight!
Old 11-17-2011, 06:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 6 days For me, I don't feel that it's a good idea to drink something that mimics drinking alcohol...I'm not trying to be hard on you, that's just a danger zone for me. So, no n/a beer or wine. They usually have a slight alcohol content anyhow.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Non-Zoroastrian

I vote no!
Old 11-17-2011, 06:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah, that's the consenus around here. Darn it, thought i found a loop hole.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 6! I myself would not romance the fake wine. There are so many other healthy, delicious choices to enjoy. You are making changes, so .....change your routine. I'm thinking real soon your anxiety will ease with each day. If you are sitting there all the time thinking about drinking, tune it out with some music for awhile....smiles!
Old 11-17-2011, 07:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Isn't there a small amount of alcohol in it? It will just make cravings stronger, then you'll cave in + buy stuff with more alcohol in it. Save your thoughts, maybe change them and stay Alcohol Fully Free tonight. Stop deluding yourself! Stay completely stopped!

How about a yogurt smoothie or milkshake?
Old 11-17-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow I remember your day 1. Day 6 already. I will say that I felt not good through day 9. After that it got better ( headaches, grumpy etc). I actually feel really good today ( day 15). You're doing great. I keep looking for those loopholes and shutting them down also (double darn). A few times a day think about maybe just one glass on Christmas. Then I think whit would I spoil it on Christmas etc.

Hang in you're doing great. Hugs For you
Old 11-17-2011, 01:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I posted about NA drinks in the Nov thread.
There's a million drinks out there that don't remind me of my old alcoholic favorites, y'know?

I'd check my motivations AS.

congrats on day 6

D
Old 11-17-2011, 06:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

concrats, that would be a trigger for me, dont do it friend
Old 11-17-2011, 06:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tigger41 View Post
... I keep looking for those loopholes and shutting them down also (double darn). A few times a day think about maybe just one glass on Christmas. Then I think whit would I spoil it on Christmas etc...
When I quit last November, I had the same thoughts about the holidays. Let me tell you that you should lower your expectations for the holiday season a smidgen. I found them very stressful last year because of the no-alcohol rule, and was so happy to get through the season. I took a few licks but got back up.
Anyways, I'm just trying to say that it is very difficult - and not to expect the same as you have had in the past. The good news is that each holiday has become even more fun alcohol-free, so it just takes time and practice.
Easter was easy, Summer started out a little tough but got really easy (BBQ's, weddings, etc...) Thanksgiving was even more enjoyable this year than when I did drink. It just gets better and better ---- Now, I am looking froward to Christmas and New Years. It is unbelievable what a year can do!
I hope you have a great holiday -- just want to head the warning ahead of time to not let it get you more down than needed.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. I took all your advice. i did not get any. i want to stay away from all things like that. I'll stick to my cranberry and clubsoda. I am doing well with that. a nagging headache tonight, but I got lots done and had a very nice shopping date with my kids and a nice family dinner too.

My motivation is sobriety. That means nothing, not even the Fre wine! Thanks everyone for giving me your honest opinion. It's what I needed.