Notices

Tired

Old 11-17-2011, 01:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tired

Where to begin, well I'm a 30 year old female not married but been in a serious relationship for over 10 years and I'm an addict, my drug of choice just so happens to be meth! Reading these words really hits me hard. My oldest brother also a recovering addict has been clean and sober since this past June. The difference from him and I he went to an actual program me let's just say or situations are different. I've been trying hard to stop really this time but continue to find myself failing. I'm tired but scared of the unknown I guess u can say. Well the best part about life is tomorrow is a new day freshstart ANC another opportunity for me start fresh and clean. Well this my first post here just joined yesterday so I'm sure as times goes u will learn slot about me, YesIwill, and I am an addict my drug of choice meth!!!
Old 11-17-2011, 01:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR YesIwill

D
Old 11-17-2011, 01:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey yesiwill, welcome to the forum!
Old 11-17-2011, 02:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
instant

Welcome yesIwill I hope you can find your path.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wtecome to SR yesIwill . lots of good information around hope to read more from you soon.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Today is a Gift

Welcome to SR, keep coming here and find your path to freedom from meth.

I love the hope you have.

Never lose that.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome!

Please consider rehab.

Best wishes on staying stopped!
Old 11-17-2011, 07:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome and I'm proud of you for recognizing this before your life gets out of control. It's interesting how I came here to find support for my drinking and I end up finding you. I want to tell you a story. My step-father lost his marriage to my mom, three kids, and his entire life because of Meth. He was 42 when he started meth. He had a great job and my mom and him were set to be able to retire early at 50. They had a good life. Someone at my step-dad's work introduced him to trying meth. It was all downhill after that. Meth is SO addictive and tricks you into feeling like you're on top of the world. Even after my step-dad lost his family and his job, he started manufacturing meth to make money and the money was good and so was his access to having meth.

Eventually, he got caught. He ran from the police, but was captured and is now serving a MINIMUM 10-year sentence (he owned a shot gun and that's all it took to make this a federal case of manufacturing and distribution of meth while owning a firearm). I'm telling you this because had someone reached out to my step-dad and told him what would eventually happen, I think he would have sought the help he needed to get out while he still had his freedom at least.

Meth makes you do things you wouldn't normally do. My step-dad has 4 years left in prison but man has the meth and the time aged him. His own blood, my half brother wont speak to him. My other brother and I who share the same dad are the only one's who talk to him and offer support. We all make mistakes and I don't think that shutting someone out because they made those mistakes is the answer. BUT the hard fact is that you could end up alone, in prison, without support and no life. Worse yet, you could end up dead. Meth can kill you.

Please know that you have support here, but more importantly that you're not alone. Meth is evil. Meth makes you feel good while it slowly and methodically steals your life and rots you from the inside out. Please get help...please make the choice to stop altogether because you are worth it!
Old 11-17-2011, 10:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for ur support and words it's much appreciated. Today not so good hopefully tomorrow is better.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome,
Nice font.

All the best
CaiHong
Old 11-18-2011, 12:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
MINEr

Originally Posted by YesIwill View Post
Thank you everyone for ur support and words it's much appreciated. Today not so good hopefully tomorrow is better.
If you make it through the day sober, that's pretty good, and for now, all that matters. Hag in there, I did five years of smoking meth, and it was hell. Being free of that prison of insanity was an incredible feeling. Just don't follow my method of drinking your way out of it, that had it's own negative effects, eight years of them. Keep fighting.

camedown
Old 11-18-2011, 01:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi,

Goodluck to you and your big bro!

I'm a stim addict too age 35 most recently bath salts. The DEA ban saved my life I think. But now the new chems have been found and are on shelves again... Sober for a month till 2nite

I only know that I can't sustain this and want to stop hurting my Mom. Nothing will force my hand, either, I'd hate to be 55 years old still looking to 'hit bottom'.

I hope to be in rehab soon.