Feeling needy ... and lame

Old 11-16-2011, 06:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling needy ... and lame

Hello. I'm just feeling super needy tonight. I'm not seeing my RAB tonight (it was even my choice). We were in a fight last night that was my fault (I was stressed and grumpy and was extremely difficult). We got past it and have been in touch today, but I'm still feeling crummy about it. Also, while I'm aware I don't cause his drinking, etc., I'm nervous that's what he's doing now.

Haven't heard from him this evening, and I'm feeling on edge, anxious, checking my phone every millisecond. I feel lonely and desperate and completely lame about it. There are plenty of things I could do, plenty of people I could call ... and yet I'm sitting here feeling stricken and obsessed and crippled. And upset with myself.

I guess I just needed to "say" it. Thanks for listening.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh, jessie, I'm sorry you are having a bad evening! I'm glad you came here to "let it out".

Is there anything you can do to distract yourself? Movie, TV, a book? Sometimes I used to get into such a state that I just couldn't phone anyone, but I found that music or TV would help.

The best thing to help me get through anxious times is to journal.....kind of like you did by coming here. Perhaps find a notebook and just let it all out?

I hope you will feel better soon, and we are always here and we understand!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

(((hugs))))
Old 11-16-2011, 07:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How about a hot bubble bath? Or something sinful?? For me, that would be watching something like Keeping up with the Kardashians.

Learning to distract ourselves is an art...I still struggle with it.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

More big hugs from me Jessie, please hang in there.

Tuffgirl is right do something just for you, maybe a Dove Ice Cream Bar, maybe tomorrow go to the spa, if that's too expensive try the local cosmetology school maybe a manicure and pedicure ours does them for $3.00 each.

Anyway, the what is not important, just do something for yourself or maybe go out and do something for someone else, even if you just go out and hand out some smiles at the mall you mught feel alot better.

Will keep you in my thoughts,

Bill
Old 11-16-2011, 09:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the love and suggestions. I made it through! Tomorrow is a new day!
Old 11-17-2011, 11:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((hugs))) i am so glad. I've had those exact feelings & it's tough to get through, BUT, count on the next day always being a new day :-)